Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CN Detour

CN Detour

CN 114 at Roblin, MB. on the Togo Subdivision in the siding for a crew change. The car count was 101.
  2. The 114 Today

The 114 Today

The 114 has been pulling grain from the yard in town here alot recently. He had atleast 40 cars worth of it up front this time. All the 8000 series units have been flocking the 115/114 trains latley, too.
  3. Smoke Storm

Smoke Storm

The 114 notches out, and it looks like they made a mistake at the fuel racks. Never seen SD75Is do this before. In this shot he's taking the hole, but I left before anything else came.
  4. A Favorite

A Favorite

I always love seeing the SD75I locomotives. Favorite units on the system! The 114 lifted about 32 grain cars from the yards before departure, with the Sarcee junk block on the end.
  5. High Green

High Green

A pair of CN GE units throttle up past the Riverview signals with the CN 114. They will meet the CN 561.
  6. CN 114 at Kindersley

CN 114 at Kindersley

You can always tell a train is the 114. Even if the train is several miles away, and your flying by on the highway. This train is sporting the previously caught CN 8844, via the Sarcee power arrangments.
  7. "CN Supertrain One Hundred and Fourteen"

"CN Supertrain One Hundred and Fourteen"

The crew must have felt high and mighty that day. The train was apprently 9000+ feet long when he chimed in on the radio. The female dispatcher claimed that she loved one of the crew members, and gave the train clearence right through to Watrous. He must have picked up the wheat cars at Hannah.
  8. Xena, SK

Xena, SK

CN Xena is a useless station sign, located @ MP 135.5 Watrous sub. There's no town, no siding, not even a farmhouse in sight. The closest town, Young, SK, is 8 miles away, with a population of 299. This train has the honour of being the worst IMS on the line. I always hear him coming into...
  9. CEFX 114

CEFX 114

CEFX 114, SD90MAC is leassed by UP, however he is a common visitor in Saskatoon. Why? Because seasonally UP provides their own power for unit potash trains that originate in town and end up in UP's territory. Perhaps because CP was leasing CEFX SD90MAC's themselves until recently, they prefer to...
  10. 114 on the bridge

114 on the bridge

CN 114 rolls over the bridge with a solid block of potash hoppers visible about 15 cars behind the power. He showed up a little earliy today too. We'll just say he's actually on time!
  11. The junk of 114

The junk of 114

Thats the cool thing about CN 114. It always has the junk in the center of the train. Apparently, the first cut of IMS cars aswell as the junk are cut out at Winnepeg for the Fort Rouge and Symington terminals.
  12. CN 5608 on the 114

CN 5608 on the 114

CN 114 is running late again, and this time it has CN 5608 on the point! I have seen this SD70I out at Riverview 3 times now... CN 5608 and CN 2414 make up 400HP for CN 114s trip to Toronto.
  13. Yep...CN 115 had 4 engines last night..

Yep...CN 115 had 4 engines last night..

Evidence as the 2 GEVOs heading up its eastbound counterpart. When 115 has 4 units, 2 return on 114, and the other 2 stay in Calgary. Alas, I missed 115 today. Anyway, this site alone is one to behold. CN ES44DCs 2220 and 2234 head up a late 114 on its trip to Toronto. Did I mention that I...
  14. CN Riverview

CN Riverview

This photo turned just as I'd hoped it would! Yous can almost FEEL the speed! A late CN 114 rushes past Riverview for Toronto.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back