Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Nahalle

Video of Railfanning Vancouver, WA in the snow

A rare snowfall appears when a friend an I took a railfan trip to Vancouver. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the beauty of trains in the snow!
  2. Nahalle

Comment by 'Nahalle' in media 'CN Power on the Oregon Trunk'

This is just amazing!!
  3. Nahalle

Comment by 'Nahalle' in media 'Crescent Lake, OR'

Ahhh EMD supreme!
  4. Nahalle

Comment by 'Nahalle' in media 'BNSF Grain Sandpoint, ID'

Thats o so beautiful!
  5. A rare meet 7-3-11

A rare meet 7-3-11

Whlie waiting for 4449 to leave Wishram, I finally caught a BNSF train heading down the Oregon Trunk, and a simultaneous freight on the OSL heading east. Truly priceless for me!
  6. Nahalle

Comment by 'Nahalle' in media 'BNSF 972'

Thats just beautiful. Love that location!
  7. Northwest Grain 7-3-11

Northwest Grain 7-3-11

Just west of Wisram Washington, Mount Hood appears on the horizon. A perfect reminder of why railfanning in the northwest is so amazing.
  8. Gorge_Grain_5-1-11

Gorge_Grain_5-1-11

9. Gillette Panorama

Gillette Panorama

An empty coal train rolls over the landscape.
  10. Alaskan Way

Alaskan Way

A mixed freight stopped for a crossing arm that had bent acoss the track. The train was not so popular after waiting close to a half hour to continue.
  11. Nahalle

Comment by 'Nahalle' in media 'Screaming Eagle'

Nice pace!
  12. Cascades at Vancouver WA

Cascades at Vancouver WA

13. Crossover

Crossover

14. Flurry

Flurry

I waited for 15 minutes in driving snow to get this stormy shot, and I got a face full of snow when it went past.... None of this is in complaint in the least!!!! :)
  15. Snowy Freight

Snowy Freight

16. Front St running

Front St running

17. A matter of perspective.

A matter of perspective.

Across the Columbia River bridge a northbound freight waits to cross.
  18. Nahalle

Comment by 'Nahalle' in media 'Colorful consist north at Sherar's Falls on the BNSF Oregon Trunk.'

I can not give this shot a big enought 10! I am sure that I caught that KCS ACE in Kalama Wa a week later. It was the first KCS loco I saw in person. Very well done...
  19. Kalama Heat

Kalama Heat

70 degrees and sun at the end of October makes for great railfanning!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back