Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Eastern Railfan

Boxcars

Baltimore, MD - 1 Jan 12 Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad Green Mountain Railroad Nebraska, Kansas and Colorado Railnet, Inc. Kansas City Southern Southern Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad Atlantic and Western Railway Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad
  2. Eastern Railfan

Boxcars

A place to share your boxcar photos. From the mundane to rare, let's see them all!
  3. Eastern Railfan

Steve's Top 11 of 2011

A fantastic set of photos. It's been a great year for you photo-wise Steve. I look forward to your shots from 2012!
  4. Eastern Railfan

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2015

I absolutely LOVE the composition here. Outstanding shot! That paint scheme is sharp looking. Nice catch with the caboose in there too.
  5. Eastern Railfan

Comment by 'Eastern Railfan' in media 'Marumby Yard, KM 62'

I've seen photos of this station before on rrpicturearchives. I think it is one of the coolest looking depots anywhere.
  6. Eastern Railfan

MTA Officers Detain Man For Taking Photos at Station

I definitely agree with you Pat how it becomes "detention" if you ask to leave and are not allowed. I also agree that they do need probable cause however there are lots of reasons that can be given for probably cause. I was approached by an Amtrak SA this morning while at DC Union Station...
  7. Eastern Railfan

Being detained is another matter, however it is perfectly legal for a LE officer to ask anyone for their ID at any time. There is nothing unconstitutional about that.
  8. Eastern Railfan

Fair enough Jon. trainboy actually posted something similar to yours, albiet from a third-party website. It was info that I certainly was not aware of. Gives things a different perspective.
  9. Eastern Railfan

A lot of good info that I was not aware of. Thanks for providing the link.
  10. Eastern Railfan

There is certianly nothing wrong with asking permission first and often times it's a quick way to make sure things go smoothly. I think the debate that people often have though is whether you should HAVE to ask or not.
  11. Eastern Railfan

Have you considered trying to start some threads on that topic? I know that there is at least one non-rail on here who starts some every now and again. RobertGift (the OL presenter dude) if I remember right. I'm not saying it will take off right away, but I haven't seen any attempts to...
  12. Eastern Railfan

In the past, absolutely. Within the past year or so, not so much. Depends on your definition of family friendly. I did not use any curses or derogatory langauge so I would have no issue with my child reading the post. That's how I define family friendly. Simply because someone chooses to...
  13. Eastern Railfan

Funny how you and TP never post unless it's to cause trouble or stir the pot. Just sayin'. If you think you know what my line of thinking is based off of one statement, then you're sadly mistaken. Thank you for the laugh this morning. That is quite funny coming from one of the biggest...
  14. Eastern Railfan

Exactly. It seems to have worked out in the end. Like someone else said, while there are exceptions, I think most of these officers mean well. They have jobs that they'd like to keep. I think the problem lies with the organizations not doing a better job of actually training their people.
  15. Eastern Railfan

It's only political if someone makes it so. I was simply making a statement about my disdain for what is supposedly a non-partisan organization. I'm quite aware of the rules of this forum, but thank you for expressing your opinion, however misguided it may be.
  16. Eastern Railfan

Comment by 'Eastern Railfan' in media 'The Special'

Top notch work Pat!
  17. Eastern Railfan

There was nothing wrong with my post and it was quite on topic. Expressing my dislike for the ACLU can hardly be called ACLU bashing. If you post something that includes a reference to a controversial organization, you cannot expect beyond a reasonable doubt that the topic will not arise as an...
  18. Eastern Railfan

I'm not normally a fan of the Anti-Christian Liberties Union, but I will say that I am very pleased they are taking MTA to task on this issue.
  19. Eastern Railfan

Comment by 'Eastern Railfan' in media 'Looking up at the Chief'

You're night shots always inspire me Ken. Nice work here.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back