Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'J Train'

Yes, commercial aircraft parts. Usually parts from Wichita for the 737. We used to see more 737 fuselage section coming over Stevens Pass, but since the Woodinville sub got wacked between Woodinville and Renton, most of the fuselages come up from the south now. Mainly because the fuselages...
  2. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Forgotten Shay'

Looks like a great habitat for shell fish too. Thanks for the history, it adds so much to the photo.
  3. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Pulling Trammells Hill'

All good except the car in the crossing. Sure looks like a tree has fallen on the tracks!!
  4. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'A different kind of hybrid'

More info please. OK shot but it is the back of the boat. Do they build these in Long Beach? Wonder if I'll see any of these up in the Puget Sound in Seattle?
  5. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Lake Louise Sunrise'

I agree about the railfans, it takes just a little bit away from the beauty of the photo. Otherwise, nice job.
  6. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Turn right at the tracks'

Next thing you know, they will have crossing guards for the rail so stupid people don't do that again! and I bet some low-life lawyer gets ahold of this and sues BNSF for damages. Ho Hum. Nice catch Hobo!!!! :)
  7. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'The Hills Come Alive'

Looks to be a nice day for Feb 20th.
  8. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Hopper Leak at Kamela'

Wish I had been that quick with my canera when I spotted that "On Fire" brake shoe last weekend. Nice catch PNWH.
  9. Empire at Index

Empire at Index

A quiet evening in Index, WA watching the WB Empire Builder going over the North Fork of the Skykomish River
  10. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Milwaukee Road's Columbia River Bridge - March 2008 Photo Contest'

One of the best photo "Details" I've read. It got me to stare at the photo and imagine the westbound.........
  11. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Deception Creek'

Great perspective Martin, but it seems it is going east?
  12. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'The Sunset Route: duh'

A lawn chair and cooler seems appropriate for this location. Nice photo.
  13. Where's Waldo

Where's Waldo

This is the famous "Waldo" shot. Taken during the "Trains in the Snow" event hosted by Rosco, January 2006. CSX 603, westbound at Nason Creek, otherwise known as "The Slot". This train never made it up to the Cascade Tunnel on its own power. She had to wait for...
  14. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Winter.'

Very Nice. Thanks for the photos
  15. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'Ash Hill Assault'

Really like this one Robert. Great photos!
  16. BignFat

Comment by 'BignFat' in media 'early morning fog'

I'm giving it a 10 because overall it looks fanatastic. I'd try to get the window line was vertical, and maybe see what it looks like desaturated. Great Photo! Thanks Mark
  17. Made in the Shade

Made in the Shade

18. Lonely Trestle

Lonely Trestle

Would have made a good photo, if a train had come by. The sun went away before the train showed up.
  19. Dryden

Dryden

20. Stuck on the Spur

Stuck on the Spur

Looked like it had been in a fire. She was still running, but no one was around. She was locked in in front of the snow spreader.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back