Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. RailScapes

Balaton Summer Season Start (1 v., 5 p.)

Very cool, the shots overlooking Lake Balaton were very nice as is the smoky departure. I keep forgetting that Hungary has M62s, how long are these freight detours expected to last?
  2. RailScapes

Soviet ghosts and survivors in Estonia's Oil shale region

Roni, its not the constant stream of oil trains as you saw when there (btw: I poured through your reports many times before going :) ) but freight traffic is not that bad. Actually today the Narva line has about dried up while traffic to the Latvian border has increased. The railways exclusively...
  3. RailScapes

Soviet ghosts and survivors in Estonia's Oil shale region

Hello again everyone, One day I will get around to finishing my India posts but for now its onto a much more recent trip (two weeks ago) to entirely new territory for me, the former USSR. I spent a week photographing trains in Estonia and Latvia. Unexpectedly my favorite shots are from the...
  4. RailScapes

Southeastwards '16 - 29: Single-Couchette to the Gorge (50 p.)

The shots in the gorge are spectacular but I admit the scenes that most caught my eye are the passengers getting off the local train on the ballast, as scene I would not expect in any part of Europe. Do the trains in Romania run with open doors like in India?
  5. RailScapes

[IN] Last Days of metre gauge in the Northeast

In November 2017 I embarked on a two month long trip to India, the second part of the trip took me to the foggy plains of Uttar Pradesh to photograph the metre gauge lines there. Uttar Pradesh once had an extensive metre gauge network but in recent years has been reduced to a small cluster...
  6. RailScapes

[IN] A visit to the Kangra Valley Narrow gauge railway - Part 1

Thanks guys, glad you liked the shots. Especially appreciate the compliments Roni, you're work, especially from India has long been an inspiration!
  7. RailScapes

[IN] A visit to the Kangra Valley Narrow gauge railway - Part 1

Hi everyone, I am a new poster here but decided to join the site after many years of viewing Roni's and others excellent trip reports here in the international railway section. Last winter I spent two month in India travelling and photographing the vast rail system. India's rail network is...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back