Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. A Santa  Fe sunset

A Santa Fe sunset

A santa fe sunset. a classic ATSF searchlight and bnsf gp50 are shiloutted by a brilliantly colored sunset as the last minute of daylight fade away on the first day without daylight saving....
  2. A BNSF 70ACe waits patiently

A BNSF 70ACe waits patiently

BNSF 9374, my first leading shot sd70ace, waits patiently at Avondale siding for a northbound train to meet in the last sunlight of the day, so the loaded coal can head south to temple to deliever its black gold.
  3. Who says emd's dont smoke?

Who says emd's dont smoke?

BN 9693 and BN 9530 try to imitate alco's pulling their heavy unit coal northbound out of trinidad colorado headed towards the powder river basin......
  4. A Santa  Fe sunset

A Santa Fe sunset

A santa fe sunset. a classic ATSF searchlight and bnsf gp50 are shiloutted by a brilliantly colored sunset as the last minute of daylight fade away on the first day without daylight saving....
  5. TexasWestern70Mac

Comment by 'TexasWestern70Mac' in media 'Sansa Fe'

i rate this one a 10 not for composure, etc but for its sheer oddity! swapping access panels on engines is rare, i have seen a photo of a bnsf h1 c449w with an h2 nose door. normally access doors are not switched between liveries, seeing a h2 door on an atsf dash 9 is certainly odd and a...
  6. Today or 1944?

Today or 1944?

Union Pacific 844 over 60 years old and seems to have withstood the test of time.... i took this photo originally in color but aged it and made it b&w in photoshop to seem more as if it were taken back when UP's FEF 4-8-4's ruled the rails, the late 40's......taken in Austin, Texas May 22, 2006
  7. TexasWestern70Mac

Comment by 'TexasWestern70Mac' in media 'DRGW 134'

russian, this little sw1200 is owned by con agra, not uninon pacific. it was retired from up in 1997 and eventually ended up here in saginaw, texas. one of my railfan friends talked to the owner and said it will never be repainted either, as he is a railfan himself. after this year, it will...
  8. TexasWestern70Mac

Comment by 'TexasWestern70Mac' in media 'KCS 700 - Plano TX'

david is the 700 on kcs the only remanining locomotive which still has its gyralight? and does it still function?
  9. a scene of days past......... today

a scene of days past......... today

probably one of my most sentimental photos.... i helped the conductor out by letting him ride in my truck to the front of the train on this very hot day in Post, Tx in may of 2003. the train came apart and I offered to help, he thanked me for my assitance, my most memorable railfanning trip so...
  10. sunrise in Lubbock

sunrise in Lubbock

taken about 6:00am or so, nice shilouette of the 6 signal gantry at the west end of the lubbock rail yard
  11. TexasWestern70Mac

Comment by 'TexasWestern70Mac' in media 'KCS 670 - Wylie Texas 01/22/2005'

great photo, but i have a question, how do you get close to that yard?! i cant find any road that leads to it and know it's the best place to shoot kcs but cant seem how to find out how to get near the yard to shoot any engines... any suggestions on how to get there?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back