Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. maersksealand3329

Cedar Point's Jennie K.

I know I havent posted here in a very long time, however I ended up working as a locomotive Fireman on the Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad this last summer, so in a sense I lived the dream as it is, but I am asking for some help on behalf of a couple of coworkers Justin Kelsheimer and Brian...
  2. maersksealand3329

Pittsburgh, PA hotspots

Due to my upcoming college graduation in June, I need any and all information about Pittsburgh, PA railroad hotspots. Reason being is that I am attending graduation at The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh on the campus there. What trains usually run through, symbols, times, what types? Can I...
  3. maersksealand3329

Upcoming College Graduation

Hello everyone, It has been quite a long time since I have been on here, so here is what has happened in the last few years. I still live in Myrtle Beach, SC. Have for the last 4.5 years. I have been in school since September 2011, and now as of January 23rd, 2016, I am officially...
  4. maersksealand3329

Night Railroad Photography

I shoot night shots, but it is also something I desperatly need to work on right now. I am not at the point to pull off something really eye pleasing right now, as I know I need to work on this aspect.
  5. maersksealand3329

MTA Officers Detain Man For Taking Photos at Station

MTA was clearly in the wrong, as I have had this happen to me twice in Toledo, Ohio. Once was by 2 rookies with the Toledo Police Department and one private security guard. the one with the 2 rookies it was simple- either shut down the bridge or arrest everyone who uses it. Cant make one an...
  6. Sandusky, OH Local

Sandusky, OH Local

NS 5633 working in Sandusky, Ohio. Rebuilt from an Ex Conrail GP38, to a run of the mill dash 2.
  7. NKP 765

NKP 765

Went to the Fort Wayne, Indiana Railroad Historical Society to finally see NKP 765 again. When I was there, the roller bearing project was ongoing, but I was there to see 765 again. 18 long years it took me to see and finally photograph her again. The last time was here in Lima, Ohio at the...
  8. maersksealand3329

Comment by 'maersksealand3329' in media 'wreckage'

I have a picture of that wreckage at Toledo, Ohio. if you want it, send me a PM on here
  9. Oak Harbor, Ohio-1971 and 1973

Oak Harbor, Ohio-1971 and 1973

These are all from the 1970's. The first 4 are from 1/11/1971 and the last one is a truck/train accident at Salem-Caroll Road in june of 1973. The first 2 look to be a derailment cleanup-and the last 2 are a work train. All pictures are from Oak Harbor, Ohio. I am looking for any...
  10. Oak Harbor, Ohio-1971 and 1973

These are all from the 1970's. The first 4 are from 1/11/1971 and the last one is a truck/train accident at Salem-Caroll Road in june of 1973. The first 2 look to be a derailment cleanup-and the last 2 are a work train. All pictures are from Oak Harbor, Ohio. I am looking for any...
  11. Oak Harbor, Ohio-1971 and 1973

12. Oak Harbor, Ohio-1971 and 1973

13. Oak Harbor, Ohio-1971 and 1973

14. Amtrak Station Toledo, Ohio

Amtrak Station Toledo, Ohio

Here we see me with the Amtrak Capitol Limited in Toledo, Ohio Amtrak station. I know this was Taken a long time ago, but it is about the only worthy shot I have of me in action. I ttok this shot by propping my camera on a garabe can which I used as a tripod, then set the time delay feature...
  15. maersksealand3329

Comment by 'maersksealand3329' in media '"Darling of a GEVO" in first light - February 2008 Photo Assignme'

Nice. I'll try to get something like that when I am on vacation.
  16. NS 2752

NS 2752

NS 2752 and 2755 hustle a short TOFC around the curve just outside Millbury, Ohio. This one was entered into the November contest titled curves. It is also the thunbnail image for the contest at the main photo gallery menu. This is a very high honor not only for me, but for the website too.
  17. maersksealand3329

Comment by 'maersksealand3329' in media 'CSX 500 in 12 degree weather'

Notice I put in the one best shot of the 5013, 666 and the 8524 all in one shot? This was out by Hook-Waltz right?
  18. maersksealand3329

Comment by 'maersksealand3329' in media 'Dad's Day'

This tells the story that every father should tell. I know this, as my father was the one that got me into railfanning. Awesome shot, and the sure fire winner of this contest-hands down.
  19. NS_Chicago_Line_036

NS_Chicago_Line_036

NS 2752 and 2755 Hustle a short TOFC train around the tight curve just outside Millbury, Ohio. Shot yesterday by me.
  20. BNSF on the NS Detroit Line

BNSF on the NS Detroit Line

Here we see what the fall colors look like trackside in Toledo, Ohio. there isntmuch, but with the Orange of the BNSF Gevo it helps the pic out. there is a touch of fall in this one, but i could not upload the one i wanted to upload.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back