Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. J

Lake state railway operating systems??

I tried conductor training a few years back with Cp. it didn't wrk out! Now I have a chance with Lake state railway(LSRC). So am trying to find out as much as I can. About how they operate, Signals mainly! Any info would be great. I have Cp rail Gcor and CN rail version which any of these match...
  2. J

cp conductor training program St paul minessota.

class starts at 0800. I just finished my gcor
  3. J

How is working with Canadian Pacific (NOW!)

3 yrs. ago I tried working with CP as a student conductor. They can me saying I failed the Gcor with a 85%. Now they called me back stating a 10,000$ bonus if I would be willing to try again. Before I didn't get no bonus or relocation asst.. Now they are throwing money at me. After discussions...
  4. J

conductors over night bag?

so soon I may be a conductor, hired on as a student conductor first. but my question is, what type of bag or pack would you recommend as a conductor to use military surplus or other? :confused:
  5. J

abilitys test for conductor?

What is the name of test one must take to become a conductor. Plus is their a youtube video, to watch and see? so that I can ready myself. Thank you.
  6. J

Elkhart, IN & why a passport to cross into Canada

Just like the title said. Why does CP railroad require one to have a passport to cross into Canada, from Elkhart, IN? It looks like Elkhart is far enough from Border, not to need one?:confused:
  7. J

Round 2 with Cp-rail: your thoughts

So 3 yrs. ago CP came to Detroit for a job fair and I was picked to go. Gcor test came around I was told I failed with a 83% and that I could no longer be Employed. because I didn't make a 90%. That was in 3/2012, now 5/2014 CP comes back to Detroit. I didn't know friend tells me that CN was in...
  8. J

How much is the trainmen guarantee for CP rail?

I just interviewed in Minnesota @ Twin cities rail. while their I seen my old instructor from CP rail. He too was looking to bail on CP rail said its gotten worse since 2 yrs. ago. I am not sure if he instructed 2 yrs. or 4? But he said when he tried to enlist as a instructor again. they told...
  9. J

twin cities & western

any info on this railroad would be great. they call my to go for interview as a TRANSPORTATION SPECALIST?
  10. J

first 3 weeks is basic hand signals learning how to kick cars. my favorite was getting kicked while hanging on to car and trying to stop it close to traffic cone. My class made game of it. First one closest with out passing it wins(nothing but a pat on back), But fun! Must pass test after first...
  11. J

your first 90 days you will be doing both switching in yard and over the road. Actually you will be rotated all around. once marked up pending on your area you may be able to bid for switcher or conductor? Not sure about pay rate that depends on your area cost of living. It may seem high but...
  12. J

would like info. on Iowa Northern rail and conductor training?

would like as much info. as possible on rail line? I have been looking to get back in the rail industry as conductor. An Iowa Northern may be giving me that chances. But what I am not to happy about is Pay? student conductor is 121 dollars a day. then when marked up it jumps to 270 a day. so...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back