Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. roee

Mainline Coaster Locomotive Traction Motor change out

This weekend a Coaster Locomotive had a traction motor issue and they had to call in Hulcher to remove the bad traction motor on the main line. Below are some videos Here is the locomotive being lifted and the traction motor removed and then set back down. Here is the locomotive being lifted...
  2. roee

Cajon Pass Drone Video

Yesterday I went to Cajon Pass and flew my drone a couple of times. It was pretty windy. A BNSF Stack Train descending Main 3 Chasing the previous train and a fly over my myself A long video of another train descending Main 3 and following the train a bit.
  3. roee

Riding Private Car from LA to Oakland - Railfan Trip

On January 31st I rode on LA Rail's public repositioning move of Overland Train and Pacific Trail from LA to Oakland behind the Coast Starlight #14. There were some extra Amtrak cars on the train as well. All of the extra cars were moving to Oakland for the Reno Fun train. Below are some...
  4. roee

Cascade West Portal - Videos

This last week I went on vacation and part of it took me along US Hwy 2 in Washington State and we went by the Cascade Tunnel. We looked around the west portal for a bit, then headed towards Everett when we came upon an eastbound empty Ethanol Train so we turned around to go get it at the...
  5. roee

MT and WY featuring Helpers, a Caboose, the Boeing Train, and more

Recently I took a road trip with my wife around the western US for our anniversary. Here are a few videos of trains from the trip. All were taken with my iPhone. First is the helper set first thing in the morning switching track in Essex, MT. Next is a BNSF Intermodal at Essex, MT...
  6. roee

Radar Speed Sign - For Trains!

Today I was driving along the BNSF Cajon Sub in Hesperia and I saw a Radar Speed Sign near the tracks with speeds showing up on it from the road. At first I figured it was parked in the back lot of a company and they had just left it on, but as I passed I noticed it was close to the track, so I...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back