Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Gary38

The Flat Land Poster

Thank Bill, I have never been called in and I have a few engineers and conductor's for friends and it does not bother them all they see is a small flash. I have six flash units and I lit up a friend of mine and he only seen one unit go off and that was the one off to the side and it sits far...
  2. Gary38

The Flat Land Poster

Here are some pic's from northern Illinois. Candy Apple Red by "The Night Prowler", on Flickr A Long Wait by "The Night Prowler", on Flickr Jingle "Belle" by "The Night Prowler", on Flickr The Rock by "The Night Prowler", on Flickr Foggy...
  3. Jersey In Galena, IL

Jersey In Galena, IL

NS 1071 leading CN M337 westbound through the historic town in northwest Illinois.
  4. Gary38

Comment by 'Gary38' in media 'Grand Elk 303'

Awesome shot!!!!
  5. Gary38

Railfanning Northern Illinois The Past Few Months

Thanks Brad sorry it took so long to get back to you, I use six flashes I space them about 20-30 feet apart and I use Phottix Atlas II trigger's little expensive but it work's for me.
  6. Gary38

I really like them there just as good or if not better than the canon's Thank's Bill, I'm going to try and get out little more this year and post more.
  7. Gary38

I'm up to six flash unit's now I have three canon 430EXII's and three Yongnue 560III's thank you Pat.
  8. Gary38

Sorry it's been so long since posting anything been very busy. Here are a few pic's I hope you like them here they are!!! Rio Grand-AY!!! by "The Night Prowler", on Flickr Heritage At Sunrise by "The Night Prowler", on Flickr Pushing The Snow by "The Night...
  9. Nice Post Card Shot

Nice Post Card Shot

Nice curve west of Chillicothe,IL see's a BNSF Z train with NS & UP power.
  10. NS 5032

NS 5032

South Bend,IN GP 38-2 high nose coming back to Elkhart,IN with the days cut of cars
  11. NORTH OF THE BORDER

NORTH OF THE BORDER

This is weird to see these two ferromex units running in a snow storm when i normally see them running in 80 to 90 degree weather. I think i heard there turbines shivering when they went by HAHA. Always see them trailing never seen them leading lucky me i almost went home before he got here I'm...
  12. CRASHING THE NEW DIAMONDS

CRASHING THE NEW DIAMONDS

After replacing the dimonds at Rochelle,IL UP 5310 heads west.
  13. Gary38

Comment by 'Gary38' in media 'Fall Colors west of Roanoke, VA'

This would have a good one for the photo contest
  14. RARE UNIT TO THE AURORA SUB

RARE UNIT TO THE AURORA SUB

East bound auto races by the Railroad park in Rochelle,IL.
  15. A BRIGHT FALL DAY

A BRIGHT FALL DAY

UP manifest rolls by Rochelle,IL on a cool fall morning on 10-16-10.
  16. Gary38

Comment by 'Gary38' in media 'BACK ON THE RAILS'

This is a SD-60M which have been in storage for a year and half heard the BNSF was going to return all of them into service.
  17. BACK ON THE RAILS

BACK ON THE RAILS

Finally got one of these after seeing four of these going by my house. East bonud manifest going through Rochelle,IL
  18. I'M SO BLUE

I'M SO BLUE

NS east bound manifest still in CONRAIL paint nice.
  19. AROUND THE CURVE

AROUND THE CURVE

West bound CN manifest coming through S.BEND,IN.
  20. NS 5836 GEO TRAIN

NS 5836 GEO TRAIN

What we thought was a light power move turned out to be this surprise.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back