Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. As rare as the Eagle comes

As rare as the Eagle comes

For the first time in years a matching set of engines and cars were placed on the front of the Texas Eagle, even more rare then the heritage Genesis was the Dash 8 led unit.
  2. Matching Phase IV Texas Eagle

Matching Phase IV Texas Eagle

For the first time in years a matching set of engines and cars were placed on the front of the Texas Eagle, even more rare then the heritage Genesis was the Dash 8 led unit.
  3. UP 2010 BSA

UP 2010 BSA

UP 2010 chugs through the now quiet zoned downtown Longview on December 30th, 2010 as the DPU on the ITIMN.
  4. 844 coming to life

844 coming to life

844 is steaming to life in Longview Texas on April 21, 2010 awaiting departure to North Little Rock. This will be the beginning of my 90 mile ride to Texarkana aboard the train.
  5. L

Comment by 'LansingJct' in media 'DSP2483_03'

I keep looking at it trying to figure out if model railroad equipment is mixed in there!
  6. L

Comment by 'LansingJct' in media 'A Goldbar Nugget'

It takes just the right angle to make a straight line down the nose and on top of the cab on all 3 engines!
  7. UP 844 steaming up in the morning

UP 844 steaming up in the morning

Starting off its journey in Longview, Texas on the SLWNL-21, the steam crew starts her up in preparation for its journey north to North Little Rock, Arkansas. I rode the train 90 miles into Texarkana and had the best seat in the house....the half door where i was sticking my head out of the top...
  8. UP 2010 First Revenue Run

UP 2010 First Revenue Run

UP 2010 passing thru Jefferson, Texas on its first revenue run through some fairly dense fog after being revealed in houston 3 days prior.
  9. L

Comment by 'LansingJct' in media 'UP 1988 through Marshall's Ginocchio Historic District & Hotel'

Jeff, actually no, the old hotel is the building above the unit i imagine, either way it was either where they slept, ate, or did both back in the days. And where i was standing is a road bridge over the tracks.
  10. UP 1988 through Marshall's Ginocchio Historic District & Hotel

UP 1988 through Marshall's Ginocchio Historic District & Hotel

With the length of the train extending throughout the picture, UP 1988 on the point of MFWLI passing between Marshall T&P depot and the old Ginocchio hotel where crews slept and ate between shifts back in the steam era.
  11. From the same era

From the same era

From about the same era of railroading, the old F40PH still in this phase of paint stops at Ardmore, OK for over an hour due to a sun kink up ahead beside an old BN caboose sitting in the yard ahead of a BN and BNSF SD40-2.
  12. Looking into the distance

Looking into the distance

At the Longview, TX depot, a passenger is looking on at the incoming Texas Eagle 21 on a foggy day
  13. 3 generations of GE and railroads

3 generations of GE and railroads

From lead to back, it just dates older, the first in the consist of GE's creation is the ES44DC, then the C40-9W, and last the Warbonnet Dash 9, all all for different railroads too as the Warbonnet has Santa Fe on the side and front
  14. Racing through the sunset

Racing through the sunset

A fast moving Texas Eagle 22 straight out of Longview, TX races by MP 82.45 before their crew change in Marshall
  15. Just another rock train

Just another rock train

A unit rock train with the usual 5 GP60's and surprisingly not a patched SP in there head north into Longview, TX before a crew change
  16. Friendly waves

Friendly waves

A passenger on the ground gives a friendly wave to engineer Dave as the Texas Eagle train 21 pulls into Longview, TX.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back