Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. papio

Cassandra & Horseshoe Curve PA

Stopped at these spots while on our way to NJ two weeks ago tomorrow and Thursday. The first two shots were at the Cassandra Overlook. The remainder are from Horseshoe Curve where the weather didn't cooperate. Note the wb ballast train had a few Amtrak cars in the consist.
  2. papio

Fostoria OH

A few shots from Fostoria's Iron Triangle Park last Sunday (8/12/18).
  3. papio

A Few From Illinois And Indiana

Three shots from Tolono IL and one from Princeton IN
  4. papio

Lined For 12th Street

A southbound train enters the 12th St line in Council Bluffs IA on a sunny November 16 2017.
  5. papio

Friday With UP1943

A couple of shots of The Spirit today as it made its way from the Heritage Shops in Council Bluffs to display at the Durham Museum (formerly Union Station) in Omaha under gray skies and unseasonably cold conditions.
  6. papio

Up1943

Was on its way to Ft Riley KS on the UP Falls City Sub in these shots at Mynard NE Nov 5. The unit will be on display at the Kansas post today.
  7. papio

November 1st

A few shots from the Omaha Metro area as we begin a new month.
  8. papio

Just South Of Council Bluffs IA

The BNSF Council Bluffs Sub isn't the busiest line around the area, so when I noticed a NB train from my SB travel in I-29, I took the next available exit and went after a suitable place to grab a shot or two.
  9. papio

UP 844 Jun 14 2017

A couple of shots as she makes her way to the display site.
  10. papio

In Council Bluffs Today

Ventured across the river today and caught a couple of UP trains. --First up is are the lead units on a monster 3x3 wb manifest (in all likelihood, two good sized manifests combined into one train) --The second train I saw was coming off the UP onto the BNSFs' Council Bluffs sub. These are...
  11. papio

Dec 24--San Antonio TX

Here are some shots from a couple hours trackside last Saturday afternoon. After a family lunch at a local brewpub, my oldest son and I headed to the area near the city's Amtrak station.
  12. papio

A Six Hour Late #6

Likely due to the "Polar Vortex" that's laid an icy grip on the nation of late, here are a couple shots of the title train as it traversed Oreapolis NE late this morning. Second shot is of one of the wrapped cars that will be used on the resurrected Ski Train (Denver Co-Winter Park Co) beginning...
  13. papio

A Few Quick Shots

On the way to the Farmer's Co-op for kerosene, I noted a high green signal for a eb on the BNSF Omaha Sub at Gretna NE. I made a quick trip delay and waited for what was most likely the daily Lincoln-Lincoln (LinLin) local. After getting the kero, IO went to Ashland and caught an eb Mid-America...
  14. papio

A "Could've Been"

Right off the bat, this is not my work and I don't know who to give credit to, but they did one fine job!. While looking for some Christmas letter stationary, I came across a notebook with a bunch of RR related stuff from around 1999. The attached photo was one of the things in there.
  15. papio

Planes On Trains

There seems to have been an increase in the number of 737 fuselages being shipped from Wichita KS to Renton WA recently. Last Friday I caught a wb with two and last Monday another two. Shots from Oreapolis, Ashland and Greenwood NE.
  16. papio

On The Hunt For Steam

My son and I made a trek to see the UP 844 on its wb leg towards North Platte today. We did a little scouting and found locations east and west of Belvidere NE where the train was scheduled to make its first servicing stop of the day. Skies were unfortunately overcast and the temps hovered...
  17. papio

A Few Scanned Photos

From 8x10 prints I made many moons ago... UP's first two Heritage units on display at their debut in Omaha NE. A shot of UP 844 on the Omaha sub near Elkhorn NE. One of the first "flag" units on display in Omaha NE in Nov 2001.
  18. papio

Just One

Only one shot from today's outing, a southbound (TT east) on the BNSF Council Bluffs sub. BNSF 8480 leads a string of empty hoppers approaching Pacific Junction IA.
  19. papio

RoadRailers And More

Had a chance to get trackside yesterday afternoon in Tolono IL (technically east of Chicago, but not that far so I ask your indulgence in allowing me to post here in my usual place:) ). Right out of the gate, I missed a nb CN manifest, but saw this NS wb RoadRailer awaiting its turn to cross the...
  20. papio

A Few From The Omaha Area

-Ashland NE -Bellevue NE -Plattsmouth NE -Louisville NE

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back