Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

Question about damaged Amtrak Locos

Bruce, thanks for the info. I was thinking it was in Montana.
  2. K

Question about damaged Amtrak Locos

I'm trying to find some information on 2 AMTK locomotives. In January 2000, AMTK #89 and #831 were spotted on flatcars in the Seattle area. Both locomotives were damaged in a derailment. The Diesel Shop.com does not have any details listed. Does anyone remember the details of the derailment...
  3. K

Loram Rail Grinder in Skykomish

A rail grinder has been in Skykomish for over a week now. There is a new Skykomish railcam on You Tube, I don't have an account to post replies, but you can see the grinder on the railcam. I was talking to the foreman this morning and he told me they are getting it ready to start grinding...
  4. K

Columbia Basin Railroad question

I was in Eastern WA last weekend, and I went thru Warden. Does anyone know when the Columbia Basin RR operates? I found out they do not run on weekends. When do they go to Wheeler, or Othello? I assume they go to Connell at night. Here is the power tied up in Warden. -KristopherJ
  5. K

Does anyone know what this rail line is?

Well cars on the EWG A few weeks ago we were in Eastern Washington traveling along US2. I noticed well cars parked everywhere. I saw them at Almira, Hartline, Cement. Are the bad-orders or just a bunch of excess cars waiting for containers business to pick up? -KristopherJ
  6. 513 along Puget Sound

513 along Puget Sound

7. 1011 at Pioneer

1011 at Pioneer

A private car is on the rear of the Coast Starlight.
  8. K

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it, I wonder what the south end looks like? Somewhere in this thread, or some other thread, I thought somebody said all new turnouts were to be #24s. That would make the speed 50 for passenger trains. I wonder if it was done this way because eventually...
  9. K

After visiting Tacoma, I stopped in Auburn (Washington) to check out the new 3rd main. This first photo is looking south. It was taken from the south end of the platform at the Auburn Sounder Station. On the left is the old NP Auburn Yard, and the wye to head over Stampede Pass. Looks link...
  10. K

Coast Starlight question

Thanks for the links Bruce. -Kristopher Johnson
  11. K

Coast Starlight question

Can anyone tell me, the time period of when #11/#14 changed over to Superliner equipment? Was it before 1981? Or was it shortly after? Thank you, Kristopher Johnson
  12. K

Saturday there was a loaded ribbon-rail train at Gold Bar, where is the new rail going? -KristopherJ
  13. K

Here is a video of the RM-80-800. After watching it, I now know (or think I do) what the hi-rail backhoe was doing. They were digging out the ballast to get the tool under the track. http://www.plasseramerican.com/en/machines-systems/ballast-bed-cleaning-rm-80-800.html -KristopherJ
  14. K

Photo7: A close-up view of the slot train being filled up. Photo8: The rest of the MoW crew follows behind the undercutter. Photo9: A ballast train dumps ballast from Everett Jct. eastward. After the ballast got dumped I left. As I was leaving the DS was telling the...
  15. K

Photo4: The bad ballast is sent up the conveyor belt. It was making a large mount in from of the machine. Photo5: A head-on wedge-view of the machine in action. Photo6: As the undercutter got closer to where the Hi-Line and Low-Line converge at Everett Jct, there was no room to...
  16. K

Undercutter at work On Friday (3-21-2014) I found the undercutter working the Scenic Subdivision between Everett Jct. and the old depot on the Hi-Line. Work started after 1007 passed and ended when the Sounders arrived. Photo1: the equipment moves up Main 2 from MP31 to Everett Jct...
  17. Eastbound leaves Skykomish

Eastbound leaves Skykomish

After meeting Amtrak 7, an eastbound Z train departs Skykomish.
  18. Crossing the Skagit

Crossing the Skagit

The northbound M-PASBVT(?) crosses the Skagit River between Mt. Vernon and Burlington, WA enroute Vancouver, B.C.
  19. Cascades meet at Stanwood, WA

Cascades meet at Stanwood, WA

On Saturday, 3-9-2013, southbound Amtrak Cascades train #513 (right) passes northbound Amtrak Cascades train #510 at CP Logan at the north end of Stanwood siding.
  20. Eastbound at Odessa

Eastbound at Odessa

A BNSF EB stack train approaches Odessa, WA.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back