Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'MHKET on the Joso Bridge'

Lovely pic, terrific sky.Chris D, UK
  2. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'DPU pushing up Santa Ana Canyon'

Good marks for doing something constructive with an un-inspiring arse end!
  3. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'Throw on the burgers'

Wherever the pic has been seen before - I definately took the photo on the date stated. They are the mid-train helpers on a loaded coal train which had been drifting downhill into Bond off the Craig branch. As soon as the power was opened up, out came the flames & the local fire brigade...
  4. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'Fall Heat!'

Lovely saturated colours, and shooting 'wrong side' has added extra punch.
  5. Throw on the burgers

Throw on the burgers

Mid train helpers on loaded coal, coming off Craig branch
  6. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'Passing on Cumbres'

Rather embarassing, but how did I miss this the first time around? Certainly the most original & refreshing pic I've sen from the Colorado NGs in a long time. Loads of atmosphere. Chris D.
  7. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'Bulawayo'

Nice to see Bulawayo. I spent many hours on this bridge in the '80s. Chris d.
  8. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'UP 4619'

Powerful pic. Terrific depth of field for all that glass. Film or digi?? Chris D.
  9. Search for snow

Search for snow

Good choice of dates for a trip from the UK in March 2000 resulted in fresh snow and sunshine around Williams. Here a west bound passes through Williams Jnc.
  10. Moon rise - Ludlow

Moon rise - Ludlow

A full moon rising at Ludlow as a west bound Santa Fe freight approaches in April 1994. Chris D, UK.
  11. Renovated Deltic UK

Renovated Deltic UK

Following a dedication ceremony and a repaint, Deltic 55002 works through Gilberdyke with a Hull - London Kings Cross train. December 1980. Chris D, UK
  12. How a Deltic should be

How a Deltic should be

Back in 1981, 55002 works north on the East Coast Main Line. Purring along effortlessly at 100mph - just what they were built for. Chris D UK.
  13. All time favourite location

All time favourite location

What I rate as my all time favourite train watching & photography location in the Sates is the climb from Siberia to Ash Hill on the BNSF main line.Peace & quiet, only the sound of the climb. March 2000.
  14. D

Comment by 'delticfan' in media 'Amtrak's The Pennsylvanian at Rockville Bridge'

Very nicely framed with the loco against the sky. Woderful textures in the snow in the foreground. Chris D.
  15. EWS 'enterprise'

EWS 'enterprise'

In the UK, a class 60, 60010, operated by freight company EWS, hauls a Doncaster to Immingham 'enterprise' service through the small market town of Brigg.
  16. Empty coal - Zimbabwe

Empty coal - Zimbabwe

National Railways of Zimbabwe, 1986. Three GM DE10 diesels head an empty coal train throught the bush to the colliery at Wankie.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back