Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. cprted

Railroad Watch Question

Seems a little absurd to require a volunteer Brakeman on a tourist railroad to drop thousands on a watch ... its not like you have to make sure your train is in the hole before the hotshot express roars through ... lol I would ask some of the other volunteers what they have for a watch or ask...
  2. cprted

Passenger Trains Along the Seattle Waterfront

Interesting. Great shots by the way!
  3. cprted

Passenger Trains Along the Seattle Waterfront

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but since when does the Rocky Mountaineer go through Seattle?
  4. cprted

Old Railway Line in Cowichan Bay Vancouver Island

Thanks for posting the video! Very cool to see 2141 back when she was in regular service!
  5. cprted

Why do railroads pull cars not from their own company?

Canada and the US are each other's #1 trading partners. You know all that foreign oil politicians love to blather on about? Canada's is the US's #1 supplier of oil ;) I would suspect that the US is also Mexico's #1 trading partner as well. Think of what would happen if train cargo couldn't...
  6. cprted

Don't forget the massive physical infrastructure.
  7. cprted

Because not every railroad goes to every destination. A carload of widgets might move over 2-3 different railroads before it gets to where it needs to go.
  8. cprted

Cabooses still being used?

It's technically not a caboose, it's a "shoving platform." On trains that expect to have long backing moves, they'll use a shoving platform to give the conductor or brakeman a safe place to stand while on point.
  9. cprted

Big Boy 4014

Are you asking about whether it will run without a diesel in the consist? I doubt it. Mainline steam without a diesel is pretty much a thing of the past. Once in a blue moon, Canadian Pacific used to let 2816 run without a diesel in tow but even that didn't happen the last few years...
  10. cprted

Question about VIA carreer

"Running trades" are the operations crews ... conductors, enginemen, brakemen, etc, as opposed to "shop trades" who are the welders, diesel mechanics, etc ;)
  11. cprted

Question about VIA carreer

While I stand to be corrected, I believe running trades on VIA trains are provided by the host railway (CP or CN).
  12. cprted

How to sell a park train?

http://www.discoverlivesteam.com/forsale/
  13. cprted

CN F unit to Squamish

No worries. I would but it'll be a couple of years before they let me fly. :(
  14. cprted

CN F unit to Squamish

LOL. Nope, not a pilot. BCAS Paramedic. ;)
  15. cprted

CN F unit to Squamish

Goes back a couple of years. BC Rail was retiring the last 3 M420s and offered one to WCRA, good working order, fresh from the road. At the time, whoever it was that was in charge of those decisions said, "thanks, but no thanks."
  16. cprted

CN F unit to Squamish

So WCRA is getting yet another F unit and they didn't want a BC Rail M420? :confused:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back