Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Moonlit Virginia'

Beautiful!
  2. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Tunnel 19'

A most excellent shot. A view of a tunnel much different than most. I love the way the interior of the tunnel is illuminated so that you can see all the detail of the boring, as well as how the surrounding hillside is properly exposed, framing the image so well. Very nicely done.
  3. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'UP power with a fuel tender'

I see the FRED between the ditch lights; was this a DPU? And if so, is that the reason for the fuel car? Gee, all that power shoving into a car full of fuel...hope nothing goes wrong....
  4. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Going Away Caboose'

A definite calendar shot. Very nice! The predominant blues and greens really set off the color of the caboose.
  5. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'B St. West'

Excellent "mood" shot. Almost looks like the aftermath of a storm.
  6. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'No Tracks Needed Here'

Very interesting shot. You think they could have shipped it by rail instead? I mean, really! Is that insulting to railroads or what?
  7. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'GM 9085'

Nice shot, Chris. I never did get around to scanning my shots of this loco. Sure was nice to see some color other than yellow in town!
  8. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Somers Wisconsin'

Interesting how the "Union Pacific" is blanked out on the lead unit's nose emblem.
  9. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Run off the Tracks'

Interesting photo. Very melancholy.
  10. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'RedoverYellowAlgoma'

Fantastic shot. I love the use of the sky color to illuminate the rails and wires. I also really like the use of the colors of the water and hills as contrast to the "red over yellow". In addition, having the switch lined into the siding gives the scene a sense of immenent...
  11. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Big SUN'

That is such an excellent shot. Perfect placement of the sun relative to structures.
  12. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Snow Blasting'

Not only froze, but did you get out of the path of flying snow? BTW, great shot!
  13. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'A cold winters night'

Now this a calendar cover shot if I ever saw one!
  14. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Trainload of peeps'

10-4 good buddy. thanks
  15. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Trainload of peeps'

Forgive a frozen northerner, but what is a "peep"?
  16. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'December in the Desert'

Did you travel back in time to bring us this photo? :) :) I love the sky colors.
  17. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'High Green'

I really like the mood set by the photo. In that kind of weather I rarely go out to photograph, thinking that no good shots would be possible; you have just provided me with new inspiration.
  18. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'Number Boards- Inside Looking Out'

Hogger1- Were you on a passenger train or do you always use a 90# trainline? Just curious... BTW-cool shot!
  19. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'An afternoon in Siberia'

Love it! The clouds almost look like a watercolor painting, & really make the shot.
  20. Z

Comment by 'zardoz' in media 'The well guarded summitt'

This may sound silly, but I do not know that area; why all the security?? BTW, cool shot!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back