Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. DSC_32171

DSC_32171

This location is excellent for catching late evening trains and sunsets. Those few minutes of golden light offer some great photo opportunities.
  2. Crew Change

Crew Change

I caught this one stopped and idling with no crew onboard. While I was shooting a CSX van pulled up and dropped off the new crew.
  3. Diesel Power

Diesel Power

A heavy load of Toyoto Camera's from the Georgetown plant are providing a workout for these UP locomotives.
  4. R

Comment by 'Ronnie Gray' in media 'F Line'

I hope you get the opportunity to visit the RR museum in Sacramento.
  5. Fresh Country Air

Fresh Country Air

Heavy loaded coal train rolls by this country church at Farristown.
  6. R

Comment by 'Ronnie Gray' in media 'In the Trees'

Great Shot: I enjoy seeing post that take on a different perspective from the norm.
  7. R

Comment by 'Ronnie Gray' in media 'Sunday Action at Wildie Ky'

I want to thank you gentlemen for the information. Thanks
  8. Sunday Action at Wildie Ky

Sunday Action at Wildie Ky

Same story. I wanted to catch a train coming in the opposite direction from a different vantage point. Seems like all the traffic was heading North today.
  9. Sunday Action at Wildie Ky

Sunday Action at Wildie Ky

I'm not familiar with the markings on the locomotive. Can someone help me out.
  10. Sunday Action at Wilde Ky

Sunday Action at Wilde Ky

I was set-up for a shot in the other direction. Sometimes you just scramble, grab the equipment and take what you can get.
  11. Berea City Limits

Berea City Limits

Power is applied turbos an inner-coolers start to hum. This resting body is about to be set in motion.
  12. Berea City Limits

Berea City Limits

The engineer has received the green light to proceed. The train begins to move and continue on its journey. I even get a wave from the engineer as he pulls away.
  13. Berea City Limits

Berea City Limits

The engineer started slowing down the train and finally stopped. There must have been traffic on down the line. He was not cleared beyond this point.
  14. Berea City Limits

Berea City Limits

I caught this one coming through the over pass tunnel on this overcast Friday afternoon.
  15. R

Comment by 'Ronnie Gray' in media 'Go By Streetcar'

Good Job with the shadows and the highlights. It works for me.
  16. Passing Partners

Passing Partners

This was my first opportunity to catch two passing trains. I wish both locomotives could have been in the view finder.
  17. Blue Sky Monday

Blue Sky Monday

This creek crossing is a great place to catch these CSX trains. I'm really looking forward to October when the leaves begin to show their colors.
  18. R

Comment by 'Ronnie Gray' in media 'Sunset on the CSX'

Thanks Guys: Luck was with me yesterday.
  19. Sunset on the CSX

Sunset on the CSX

This location is excellent for catching late evening trains and sunsets. Those few minutes of golden light offer some great photo opportunities.
  20. R

Comment by 'Ronnie Gray' in media 'Rathole Autumn'

One of my favorites from your gallery

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back