Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CR lettering still visible

CR lettering still visible

You can see 3375's Conrail number, 6437, through the patch
  2. Conrail Quality

Conrail Quality

The last SD40-2 in the lash is 3375, formerly CR 6437.
  3. Former Southern high hood

Former Southern high hood

NS 3325 is in the lead
  4. 3329 visits Clairton

3329 visits Clairton

While in the hole, 3329 is the middle unit in a 3 SD40-2 lashup
  5. Strasburg #90 at night

Strasburg #90 at night

Taken during a Carl Franz photo charter, lighting provided by Steve Barry and Jeffrey Smith
  6. 81 years and still guarding Amtrak

81 years and still guarding Amtrak

Since 1915, these PRR Position Light signals have guarded the junction of Amtrak's Northeast and Keystone Corridors at Zoo Interlocking. Despite the conversion to Color Posotion Lights, they still soldier on. Taken April 30, 2006. Philadelphia, PA.
  7. Man and Machine

Man and Machine

Todays crew puts Strasburg #31 away after a successful second weekend of 2006 operations Taken February 25, 2006.
  8. M

Comment by 'Miketherailfan' in media 'Westbound CSX Q381'

Still got it's Leslie SU3L. Awesome shot.
  9. Capitol Limited

Capitol Limited

The half-hour late Capitol in Cumberland while making a stop to unload passengers Taken May 29, 2005
  10. M

Comment by 'Miketherailfan' in media 'Wow, what a catch'

Jason, actually it's a SD60.
  11. Wow, what a catch

Wow, what a catch

While fanning, I caught a C&NW unit in a power move. My friend Cy first saw it around the CSX Cumberland Shops, and we chased it. We beat it to the station. Thanks Cy! Taken May 28, 2005
  12. 1916 or 1962?

1916 or 1962?

Take your pick, a 1916 Baldwin 2-8-0 or a 1962 EMD GP30? WMSR 502 and 734 at the WM Scenic's Ridgeley Yard Complex
  13. It's no 734

It's no 734

But GP30 501 can be just as good as 734.
  14. Ol' Geep

Ol' Geep

NH&I's GP30 2198, built in 1963 by EMD for the PRR, smokes it up a bit during NH&I's Railfan Weekend
  15. Waiting out the weeks

Waiting out the weeks

PST Center Door 66 in the barn
  16. The Streetcar Named Desire

The Streetcar Named Desire

832 waits to go out to the mainline, down the line to McClane and Arden Loops for an inspection run.
  17. A bit o' fall colors....and steam

A bit o' fall colors....and steam

NH&I Consolidation #40 backs up over Rushland Trestle after a high speed (25 MPH) photo runby. Fall colors are slowly showing....
  18. New Hope's Banana

New Hope's Banana

NH&I 531, ex-UP 2538, sits in the yard waiting todays assignment. Railfans along the NH&I have given the nickname "The Banana" to 531 due to it's paint. HP C945

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back