Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Zoohogger

Independence, Oregon..Steam Returns SMV 205

Went to visit my son and his family in Oregon. It happen that Wednesday Sept 1 was a test steaming of the Santa Maria Valley 205 at Independence. we spent the day there and I photographed the activity. 205 will be heading to Lebanon, OR soon to be used on the Albany and Eastern excursion trains...
  2. Zoohogger

Wyoming, Utah and Oregon May/June 2018

Finally got out of Omaha and headed west to see family in Oregon. The usual I-80 through Nebraska and Wyoming and then I-84 into Oregon. Along the way west there were many trains and we kept moving as we really wanted to get there. Came up on train after crossing into Utah and made a stop at...
  3. Zoohogger

Locomotives seen from the St. Louis River trail

Made a trip to St. Louis for the purpose of bicycling the Katy trail and the Mississippi Greenway trail which meanders between the river and the industrial district north of the arch. A few of the switchers that I saw along the way. FTRL had 2 other geeps that I could see and 2 end cab...
  4. Zoohogger

Last photos of 2016 Council Bluffs Iowa.

Went for a drive with CGW101c. Not much moving, but with the low sun and colorful locomotives we were able to photograph a few railroady subjects. IAIS 601 on the west end of the Council Bluffs yards KCS 4792 grain train power near the east side of the CNW C.B. yards.
  5. Zoohogger

Visiting Albany Oregon late October 2016

Went for a brief visit to Oregon to see the GrandKiddos. Of course if you are near Albany you must go to Queen Ave and see what's happening. We went looking for the P&W SD7 1501. Alas, it must have been in the shop. We were treated to a very clean 3003 switching there. The Albany and Eastern...
  6. Zoohogger

A few things in southern Minnesota Oct, 2016

Mrs. Z and I decided visit the bicycling trails in the Mankato Minnesota area. Nowadays many bicycle trails are built on former railroad roadbed. My favorite railroad, Chicago Great Western, unfortunately has much abandoned roadbed and I have done more than a few miles in Iowa and Minnesota...
  7. Zoohogger

Eastern Nebraska Last week

Hot week last week. CGW10c and I decided to head for Louisville, Ashland and beyond to see what was happening. We got out of the car at Louisville to photograph an NS freight and all the lens' fogged right away. I guess we will drive with the windows down for a while. We went to Ashland and the...
  8. Zoohogger

Switcher on the BNSF, Ashland and Greenwood Nebraska

August 16, 2015......... I was at a gathering at Louisville (Nebraska) state lakes and the BN mainline is right there next to the park. Naturally I squinted through the trees to watch each train. Near the end of the evening there was a orange, yellow and then blue. Sure looks like a...
  9. Zoohogger

Chalco Nebraska 1962

CB&Q ran excursions with 5632 in the Omaha area in the early 60's. Circle tour Lincoln to Omaha through Ashland, Chalco and Ralston and back to Lincoln through Bellevue, Oreopolis,, Louisville and Ashland. A really nice man, Fred Kujawa, gave me his train negs to take care of. Here are 2 of my...
  10. Zoohogger

Nebraska Football Special Ralston, Nebraska

On the way to Lincoln, Neb. for the Nebraska-Miami Game September 20th, 2014. Passing through Ralston, Nebraska
  11. Zoohogger

Ashland and Greenwood Nebr. april 2014

So, it's been a while since I've been out and even longer since I posted anything. A few Friday's ago I had a day off and my wife had to work, poor thing. So with yard work and cleaning to do, plus some car repairs that needed done, what is the best use of my time? That's correct...
  12. Zoohogger

February Omaha area BNSF stuff

Here are a few from the Omaha BNSF area. I am blessed with a wife who draws trains like a magnet. If I go with my brother or one of my good friends, we fight to find a train. The pictures included here are from some trips where my wife and I are on our way somehwere else. Gretna, Hwy 6 on...
  13. Zoohogger

U.P. at Valley Nebraska November 2013

I haven't posted for a while and I did go out at the end of November (29th)for a drive around the area. Since I normally travel the BNSF south west from Omaha, I thought I would change direction and see what the UP was doing. When I got to Valley (Nebraska) there was a group "older" power...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back