Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Alcomotive

Alco #5` The last surviving Alco switcher from the Alco Plant in Schenectady NY

I thought to share and raise a little awareness about this locomotive and it's history. As it was one of the yard switchers at Schenectady NY Alco plant. I find this very interesting and personal as my grandfather worked there for many years during the steam to diesel transition era. I placed...
  2. Alcomotive

Union Pacific Streamliner

Someone did a nice job adding color to a BW photo of this loco....
  3. Alcomotive

The Batten Kill Railroad (reporting mark BKRR) is a class III railroad operating in New York.

BKRR has been very busy lately! They are on the move! Moving some E units.... The pair of E8's are seen on the bridge over the Hoosic River at Eagle Bridge, NY on Monday, April 20, 2020. Photo by...
  4. Alcomotive

Lake Champlain & Moriah Railroad ( ‎July ‎22, ‎2017)

By the way the Amtrak train that runs this route is called the Adirondack fyi.....currently no service north of Albany due to Corona virus. Adirondack (New York – Montreal): No service north of Albany https://www.amtrak.com/alert/nec-modified-schedule.html...
  5. Alcomotive

All my 4141 in Omaha photos

Brad thanks for sharing! Real nice photography work! I appreciate being to see this train. It's one I wanted to see in person but I didn't have the opportunity. If I still lived in Arkansas I would have seen this in action. Thanks again.
  6. Alcomotive

That is correct if you read the sign to the left of it. That's exactly what happened.
  7. Alcomotive

‎I took these photos on July ‎22, ‎2017 of the static display of the Lake Champlain & Moriah Railroad locomotive, ore car and caboose. This is located in Port Henry NY on the west side of Lake Champlain. The railroad and Lake Champlain barge routes were established to transport goods to market...
  8. Alcomotive

Union Pacific Streamliner

9. Alcomotive

North Creek NY : ‎September ‎14, ‎2013 Very special visitor came to run the rails!!!

It was tough getting decent photos with all these people around....but I think I got a few good shots in.....

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back