Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. S

North Coast Limited Video April 1968

I finally got my old 8mm movies of the NCL digitized, edited and posted over at Vimeo NCL Video I rode the NCL from East Auburn to St. Paul during spring vacation when I was 16 and shot 8mm movies from the Vista-Dome. I wish I'd shot more and caught our train from the ground, but there are...
  2. S

McCloud #25 at OCSR ?

Is the #25 operating out of Garibaldi yet? We plan a trip up the coast in the next couple weeks, but only as far as Newport. If the 25 is operating, I'll try to talk my wife into a ride and an extra day up there. Steve
  3. S

Rayonier "End of Steam" 49 Years Ago Today

Rayonier's steam operations officially ended with an open house at Railroad Camp, near Humptulips WA on 3-31-62. There was still some steam operation until sometime in 1967, but the main show, with daily steam powered log trains was over, as the diesels came on the property. I recently...
  4. S

NP 2626, the Timken in Portland, 1933

I bought a photo of the Timken (NP 2626) recently that has something I can't figure out. This is a shot taken while she was on display at Portland, Oregon, shortly after the NP acquired her in 1933. The 3rd car back has me stumped! Any idea what railroad, and if so what colors was it...
  5. S

Camp 6, the early years video 1968-71

I was involved in Camp 6, along with Jack Anderson, starting about 1966. As young teens, we did all the "grunt" work, along with contacting companies and getting some amazing donations! Dad and I both shot 8mm movies and took a lot of stills during this time. They show Norm Elsner, the...
  6. S

Ever wish you'd shot color instead of b&w?

Back when I was young and poor, I shot pretty much exclusively 120 Kodak Plus-X, using a Mamiya C330 TLR. Seems like it was roughly a dollar a roll, I could process and print it myself. Color slides in this format with processing were more like $7 and at minumum wage ($1.65), this was a lot of...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.