Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. crazyace777

Catching Up: June - July 2017

Not yet, but maybe I can soon Thanks Brad. I wish I had taken the time to change lenses, I was afraid the train would get a rolling track warrant and I wouldn't have time to get to my shot location from the car.
  2. crazyace777

Catching Up: June - July 2017

Attention all passengers, the catching up express has reached it's final destination, please be sure to gather all belongings before leaving the train.:p Anyway on with the pics. June June 12 Thanks to a heads up from one of my Facebook groups, I set out to capture a westbound BNSF...
  3. crazyace777

A couple pics while in BNSF's Galesburg Yd

This is not my photo but one I found on Facebook, credit goes to Mark Herren
  4. crazyace777

A couple pics while in BNSF's Galesburg Yd

Nice photos cell phone or not. Those mega sand trains are something, i think they run nearly 175 cars and weigh almost 30,000 tons
  5. crazyace777

Catching Up: April - May 2017

Thanks Bill, thats one thing the locals around here are good for is old power.
  6. crazyace777

Catching Up: April - May 2017

Getting back on the catch up express we have now arrived for our station stop in April and May April April 6 I made my first outing of the month while I was running to Hereford to get my Mom's car serviced at our dealership. It was a dud of an outing but it wasn't until after I got home...
  7. crazyace777

Catching Up: February-March 2017

Thanks, The locals around here can be colorful at times, but as of late I have been seeing more and more pumpkins
  8. crazyace777

Thanks Tom, the Panhandle has its pluses and minuses but it has always treated me well
  9. crazyace777

Thanks Bill, glad you liked them
  10. crazyace777

Hey everyone, I have been really lackluster in posting my photos and videos on here for everyone to enjoy so I will do a couple of small posts to catch everyone up through July. In this post I will cover my outings in February and March, Next will be April and May, then June and July at the...
  11. crazyace777

Turkey Day and Ending November (Pics and Video)

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all, hope you were all able to make yourselves miserable by eating too much, haha. I headed out before sunrise Thanksgiving morning to attempt some first light shots, things went to plan but I had the wrong settings so the shot didn't work out. I made my way...
  12. crazyace777

Trains & Planes, the whole 9 yards

Yeah i guess with traffic being down they are paying up
  13. crazyace777

Trains & Planes, the whole 9 yards

After a few hectic weeks at work, I finally decided I needed to scratch the itch I had been having for catching some trains, and the great weather we had today made the outing that much better, (68 and light winds). The plan was to head east on the Panhandle Sub and stop for all the westbound...
  14. crazyace777

Out and About on September 11th

Thanks Bill Thanks Ed, I finally got a good shot at that location Thanks, I appreciate it
  15. crazyace777

Out and About on September 11th

After bowling a little tournament yesterday afternoon, I made the decision to forego watching the Cowboys game and take advantage of the abundant sunshine, cloudless skies, and fall like temps to get out and shoot some trains. My first catch was about 15 miles east of Amarillo, near Washburn...
  16. crazyace777

RoadRailers And More

I knew NS has one dedicated roadrailer that runs from Detroit to Kansas City on the ex-Wabash carrying autoparts. Anyways, great shots Ed
  17. crazyace777

Ending July on a positive note

Thanks Bill, that was the first time I have shot at that location so I was excited to have a neat layout to shoot
  18. crazyace777

Ending July on a positive note

Believe it or not I still managed to find myself trackside in the waning parts of July, however I didn't get out as much as I had hoped as we ran through a nasty stretch of 10-11 days over 100 (Including 108 one day). The couple times I was able to get out, was while running errands in the...
  19. crazyace777

Some Recent Photos

Howdy all Back in late June I made yet another trip to the Biggest Little City in the World (Reno, NV) for the USBC Open Championships. While there, I caught one whole train (thanks to my ill planning) The westbound North Platte, NE - Oakland, CA Z train runs through the Reno trench...
  20. crazyace777

Hi Iron Travels Front Range Explorer

Hello all, Had some excitement a few days ago, when a rare special passenger train graced the BNSF ex-FW&D and C&S lines through the Panhandle. Prelude to the Story: Ft. Worth, TX-Denver, CO-Gillette, WY-Glendive, MT-Minot, ND (via Snowden)-Minneapolis/St. Paul. With connecting service from...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.