Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. IronHorseAmerica

BNSF Train symbols for Powder River Div. Alliance

Thank you, Boeing cars generally are tacked up front on high pri manifests or intermodal. Out west we get them on Racks too. Boeing ONLY moves are less common. Thanks for the list. That helps. Will
  2. IronHorseAmerica

Thank you on that one. Do the Boeing cars also run on DENLAU? Is there still a Lincoln to Laurel?
  3. IronHorseAmerica

really? nobody knows?
  4. IronHorseAmerica

Does ANYONE know the symbols for the few mixed manifest trains that run over the Powder River Division of the BNSF, out of Alliance, Nebraska? I cannot seem to find the various symbols of the regular freights seen over Crawford Hill each day. My email can be used as well. Thanks, Will...
  5. IronHorseAmerica

A Morning at West Scenic

Looks like it was a fun day. Would love to have been there. Gimme a call sometime if you are heading out and want company Martin. Have not seen you for years man. Hope all are well. Say hi to Janice. Ross. Stay in touch. Seriously, enjoyed the pix. Will
  6. IronHorseAmerica

Tracks in the Snow 2011

Nice stuff guys. Looks great! Wish I had been there. Will
  7. IronHorseAmerica

Cascade Meadows Weekend Movie

The Grass is still good BUt HEY!!! Good job guys with the expanded camping "area" (Added to what I had done already and very ambitious,) under the trees and the new path through the trees. Looks like it will make the area even better. The grass has not been killed off, although some was...
  8. IronHorseAmerica

Cascade Meadows Weekend Movie

I have heard that the grass area I had put so much work into getting ready for fall and next year was being camped on, even though there had been twine around it to "suggest" that it might not be ready yet. Rumor has it that it was said that "grass will never grow there." Funny. It LOOKED like...
  9. IronHorseAmerica

Summer Solstice Trip to UP Oregon

I will re-upload my pix in higher res at some point. I just wanted to get a few up there quickly. Thanks guys. I have spent the morning looking at so many other folks great photos. Some great stuff out there. Keep it up. Stevens weather is supposed to be good this weekend in Washington. Anyone...
  10. IronHorseAmerica

Comment by 'IronHorseAmerica' in media 'Calimus Curve'

I chased that same train down the lower section of Willamette Pass. Got her at Heather and Pryor. I missed getting her at the Summit. A maintainer said she had "Just left" Klamath Falls so I figured I had plenty of time. Apparently he was off by about 2 hours! Glad to see Calimus. Not...
  11. IronHorseAmerica

The few pix I am posting for now. Here is the link to the pix file. They are in there with the rest of my photos. http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=105 Will
  12. IronHorseAmerica

Hi gang, thought I would share a few pix from the weekend trip to UP. I went down to Pengra or Willamette pass, AKA The Oregon Cascades line. Traffic on this line is pretty thin anymore, but the scenery makes what you DO get pretty fun. I spent Sunday getting rained on the whole day but got some...
  13. IronHorseAmerica

Hammond,IN railfan trip

That is fun. I was looking to hit the Chi Town area this august. I might Stop there. Looks like fun. I am originally from the east. i miss those spots where you can just chill and let the trains come to you. Maybe less scenic, but surely exciting. Thanks for the posts. Will
  14. IronHorseAmerica

Anybody catch the Rotray plow that came through today headed towards Seattle?

F unit power supply Yeah, i think so. Interestingly someone else in the Forums here saw a set like this in the mid-west someplace. They said it was in "Primer" paint, but I would bet it is BN's old crappy MOW Rust Red color. The set in Gold Bar also is in "Primer" but I think that was how...
  15. IronHorseAmerica

Anybody catch the Rotray plow that came through today headed towards Seattle?

Rotary is in Goldbar I rode past it on my Harley yesterday afternoon. It is facing west behind an old B unit (F-unit) and a Santa Fe Widecab, which is facing east at the est end of the Gold Bar Yard. That was at 4pm Sunday. Okeydokey then, Bye
  16. IronHorseAmerica

BNSF Officer Special O-LAUSEK2-03

The guy on the left looks like he's saying, "Ya, see Phil, that is what I'm talking about, all these freaking foamers within the property lines. Where are our old salt guns when you need em'?"
  17. IronHorseAmerica

Memorial Day WE at Gaynor

Hey, what are you doin' July 17th - 19th or so? I am trekking east to Mullan area, then north to the high line, with my pal Dave. Why don't you come out?
  18. IronHorseAmerica

pit toilets and Martin....umm....wait a minute... You say that with a laugh...but.....there was some ground testing and mapping up in the woods for a path and a pit system using lyme and some modified linings. Just wait and it might just happen. A system has been designed. Now all we...
  19. IronHorseAmerica

Thanks dudes. Got back last night from another weekend up there. Spent night at Winton. Got rained out all day Sunday, starting around 4am, but led to some interesting In-the-rain shots. (I.E. what is typical up there!) SpoEv ran very early on Sunday. Came through around 10:30am at Winton. Some...
  20. IronHorseAmerica

Stirring the pot is not okay... Dudes, I think posting about people in here by name is a little unkind for friends, if you aren't saying good things. Martin, I never said you got railfans banned. What I said is that I knew you were up at Mullan, (and I know you were there with permission, by...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.