Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. I

Awesome Saturday

A really nice Saturday to take pictures. I even got lucky and caught an IC&E train on the tressel in Monroe County, Iowa. Here are my better pics. I wonder if this is the first Rotary Snow Plow Painted with the BNSF Paint?
  2. I

Nice Saturday for Train Watching

Here are a few pics from today.
  3. I

Getting Ready for Snow in June!!!

Naaah not really:D Did get a few pics of a old BN rotary snow thrower. It is sitting on the APNC siding here in Albia, Iowa. I think it might be going to Relco for some work maybe? I don't know. Since it is in primer it might be getting painted. I will have to watch and see if it goes to...
  4. I

Cloudy Iowa Day 5/23/2010

I caught a few today. It was cloudy but warm. Traffic was slow today:( This little dude had some attitude :eek:
  5. I

A Few Pics to Start May

A Few I got Saturday on the BNSF Ottumwa Sub. This one almost got away before I noticed it.
  6. I

Have you ever had one of those days?

Here are a few from this Weekend. Saturday I was having bad luck catching the trains in good light. The sun was shinning bright I just couldn't get in the right place at the right time. Today was better.
  7. I

Sunny Sunday April 11 2010

I had a little time to catch a couple this morning. These was on the Ottumwa Subdivision east of Albia, Iowa.
  8. I

A Beautiful April Friday for Railfanning

It was a really nice day so I went out and caught a few on the Ottumwa Sub. here in Iowa.
  9. I

Don't See This Much on Ottumwa Sub.

I caught a few on this mostly cloudy day. Did catch something you don't see much here on the Ottumwa Sub. Two CP units pulling some freight. Coming up Albia hill.
  10. I

A Few Ottumwa Sub. Pics 3/26/10

I caught the H-GALLIN freight today and a couple others. Below is a few Pics. This last pic is the hill Coming into Albia, Iowa. Don't know the percent of grade but several trains has stalled over the years on it.
  11. I

My Catch for the Day on the Ottumwa Sub.

I caught a few today on the Ottumwa Sub. here in Iowa. The sun was shining part of the day and we are suppose to get snow tonight. The first Picture is a GP39V leading still in BN Green. That is rare around here. The rest are coal trains.
  12. I

What Does GN mean on the BNSF SD39 locomotives.

I have notice a few of the old SD39's from the BNSF fleet are getting a GN put on them over the BNSF. What does GN stand for? I am putting a couple pictures below as examples. It seems one of the BNSF paint jobs isn't that old. Thank You.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.