Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. pedrop

Comment by 'pedrop' in media 'Abandoned Tunnel'

I´ve never heard about this tunnel in Parana
  2. pedrop

Comment by 'pedrop' in media 'Abandoned Tunnel'

Very interesting.
  3. pedrop

Action at ENG yard (Brazil)

4 - MRS C44 3913 and 3906 are the leading units of train O382; 5 - MRS 3964 and 3922 ate the DPU. The separate the rion cast section from the coke section of train O382; 6 - The DPU unist at mainline seen from the road that crosses ENG yard.
  4. pedrop

Action at ENG yard (Brazil)

Hi, yesterday I went to Nova Granja yard (ENG) near here to watch the switching operations of Vale mining M2467 empty train. Here is how it was done;Locomotives BB40-9 1172 and BB40-9WM 8671 leading the second block of the M247 train crossing the PN of ENG. The leaders of this train were the...
  5. pedrop

Vale mining and MRS railroad are testing ore trains without crew ( Brazil)

Hi, due to the risk of new dam collapses in some mines here, Vale mining and MRS railroad are testing to operate the ore trains by remote control system. MRS is adding the system in 15 AC44i's and Vale in 6 BB40-9W's.
  6. pedrop

Progress Rail black SD70ACes to VLI (Brazil)

Hi, Progress Rail is sending four ex ALL SD70ACe to FNS railroad in the North. They were rented by VLI broad gauge system. Pedro ]
  7. pedrop

Vale rail train C199

Yes, and we have a standard gauge shortline in the north. It has 200 km of tracks. It is out of service now. It has sw1200, sw1500 and c30-7's.
  8. pedrop

Vale rail train C199

The train is meter gauge (1,000mm). The other track is broad gauge (1,600mm)
  9. pedrop

Vale rail train C199

It was a foggy morning
  10. pedrop

Vale rail train C199

Hi, today I found rail train C199 here in town. Locomotives BB40-9W 1167 and 1295 were in the traction of it. Here we see them waiting licence to proceed to EWL yard. March 19, 2019
  11. pedrop

Vietnam railroads in 1967 - an article in a brazilian magazine

Hi, while I was looking up on old railroad articles and news on ancient magazines and newspapers here in Brazil, I found this interesting article on the railroads in Vietnam in 1967. The article is in portuguese, but the photos are nice and interesting to see. The magazine is called O...
  12. pedrop

Trains flooded in São Paulo ( Brazil)

Hi, today we had a big flood in São Paulo, Brazil. The railroad tracks also were covered by the water. The pics enclosed are print from the tv news here. We see a MRS train and a CPTM Alco RS3 in a flooded yard .
  13. pedrop

New page to MGR website

Hi, I am moving part of my website Minas Gerais Railways to Proboards. Its is a new and clean site with data on brazilian railroads in the Minas Gerais state. You can visit it in the address http://minasgeraisrailways.proboards.com/ I am trying to add as many information as I can in english...
  14. pedrop

The future of Tehachapi pass

I've heard that the new high speed corridor for passenger trains in California can provide a new way to freight trains also and this could mean the end of Tehachapi pass. Does it possible to happen?
  15. pedrop

Another SD70ACe on the road (Brazil)

Yes, the route has good clear for big cargos. In fact, more than dozen big locomotives like this have used tbe same route on trucks.
  16. pedrop

Another SD70ACe on the road (Brazil)

Pics of a SD70ACe 7045 on the road been moved from Hortolandia, SP to Sao Luis MA, a 2,800km long trip. The Demonstrator is rented to VLI railroad, north system. Pics from
  17. pedrop

MRS ore trains (Brazil)

The sunshades have been applyed to the AC44is only, but a few C44s also received them. Actually, these sunshades are a protection to the windshields from ore stones during the loading process in some silos where windshilds were broken. I have two new videos where the AC44 s have sunshades. Soon...
  18. pedrop

The iron cast train (Brazil)

Good times....

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.