Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Surprise appearance

Surprise appearance

UP 1988, Miss Katy, leads the IG3OA into North Platte. I did not expect to see a heritage unit out here, but I'll take it.
  2. Five times the fun

Five times the fun

Five standard cab UP EMDs lead the LGIGI into North Platte.
  3. Foggy departure

Foggy departure

UP 844 departs North Platte in a heavy fog with the Shiloh Limited.
  4. AZER 6070

AZER 6070

AZER 6070 sits in Sturtevant on the wye.
  5. IC on the CP

IC on the CP

IC SD70 1018 splits the searchlights at Wood Dale with G35.
  6. EJ&ESDM809

Franklin Park, IL

Location Franklin Park is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, near O Hare airport. Directions/how to get here From I-290, exit at 25th Avenue northbound, 25th will take you directly into Franklin Park. You can also get here by taking a Metra Milwaukee District West train directly...
  7. EJ&ESDM809

Calumet Tower/CP 502 - East Chicago

Calumet Tower and CP 502 are two great locations to view trains. Location: Calumet Tower and CP 502 are both located in East Chicago, Indiana. Directions: From I-80/94 exit at Kennedy Avenue northbound. Kennedy ends at the junction. Make a left at the end of Kennedy and make a right...
  8. EJ&ESDM809

Santa Fe #3751 to Attend Train Festival 2011

BNSF never approved the trip from what I read, the organizers said it was "likely" to be approved. I say the organizers are at fault here, posting the whole excursion plan before the plan was ever approved in the first place.
  9. EJ&ESDM809

BN SD60M's LUPD???

BNSF is starting to bring the SD60Ms back into service, 8139 led H-NTWBRC the other day down the racetrack. http://www.flickr.com/photos/eje665/4855820146/ I haven't heard how many are coming back, but BNSF isn't getting rid of the SD60Ms for now, that's for sure!
  10. EJ&ESDM809

Heads up Utah, Wyoming, and Nebraska UP6936

6936 is moving east to be put on display at Franklin Park Railroad Daze on Saturday, June 5th in Franklin Park, IL.
  11. EMDX 808

EMDX 808

EMDX 824 leads R-CHI452 east through Naperville. This view will soon change quite drastically, as BNSF is replacing all three signal bridges visable in this photo with new ones.
  12. EJ&ESDM809

Enjoy Flagstaff while you still can

In Illinois, most crossings on the EJ&E in Plainfield, Naperville and Aurora are quiet zones that went into effect between 2007 and 2009. Only one of these crossings has center barriers, the rest of them didn't get any upgrades. De Kalb, Burr Ridge and Elburn have all put up wayside horns within...
  13. BNSF 4915

BNSF 4915

BNSF 4915 leads a westbound stack train through Naperville. This CB&Q signal bridge is also being replaced.
  14. Bluebonnet duo

Bluebonnet duo

A nice pair of bluebonnets, led by GP50 3193, lead the 452 local under the CB&Q signals in Naperville.
  15. BNSF 5826

BNSF 5826

BNSF ES44AC 5826 leads a eastbound power move under the soon to be replaced signal bridge in Naperville.
  16. Amtrak 154

Amtrak 154

Amtrak P42 154 pulls into Naperville with the eastbound Illinois Zephyr. The CB&Q signal bridge is currently in the process of being replaced by new signals.
  17. Badger State EJ&E!

Badger State EJ&E!

EJ&E SD38-2 665 switches the yard at Plover, WI. It's quite far from its old home here!
  18. SP 4449

SP 4449

4449 passes under the new generic signals at Porter Junction. These recently replaced all the old NYC signals here.
  19. SP 4449

SP 4449

SP 4449 makes its way through downtown Chicago after cutting off its train.
  20. SP 4449

SP 4449

SP 4449 passes the historic water tower at Riverside, IL.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.