Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Bill Anderson

Rockville Bridge Drone Video

The location reminds me of videos of tinplate model train layouts (Lionel and American Flyer) where the whole room is filled with tracks and trains are running in every direction at once.
  2. Bill Anderson

Rockville Bridge Drone Video

Welcome back to the site. Great video. I'll have to check out your other ones. Do you have any taken earlier in the fall when the autumn foliage was still on the trees? That is quite a complex junction. Are the two "tunnels" near the lower main line part of an abandoned branch line? It...
  3. Bill Anderson

G'day from Australia... and a question

Welcome aboard. I would love to see photos of trains from Down Under if you get out and photograph them. Until some knowledgeable members chime in, this may help you get started on your question: https://www.aar.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/AAR-US-Hazmat-Instructions-Rail-BOE.pdf
  4. Bill Anderson

old beast still at work

Good video. The short hood of the EMD unit makes it look like an early North American GE unit.
  5. Bill Anderson

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Are you guys getting that record cold weather this week?
  6. Bill Anderson

Track trains real time?

I believe there is a network of railfans that has set up something like that. Anyone here a member?
  7. Bill Anderson

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Not many left up here. Do you see any old Santa Fe yellow bonnet units down your way? I think there is one in Vancouver, WA.
  8. Bill Anderson

Two Geeps and nothing else headed north (tt/east) past the marsh on Veterans Day. 2106: GP38-2 3016: GP40-2 The concrete items are for the construction project south of Edmonds.
  9. Bill Anderson

Decoding Steam Locomotive Markings

Thanks. I deleted my reply since it was pretty far off base.
  10. Bill Anderson

Monday afternoon (10-28-19) My son and I found the Gold Bar Turn at MP 18 waiting out an MoW window. I stopped for my son to take photos of one of the few remaining Cascade green units in our area. He is getting very good and I can trust him to take "important" photos. 3026: GP40-2 333...
  11. Bill Anderson

I counted at least 13 great blue herons at the Edmonds marsh late Friday afternoon (10-25-19). One of them decided to fly over the tracks to the marina as an afternoon Everett bound Sounder rolled past the marsh.
  12. Bill Anderson

Kirkman's "Science of Railways" Portfolio

I googled Marshall Monroe Kirkman and came up with this Wikipedia article, , which has links to many of his publications. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Monroe_Kirkman From the article: Kirkman wrote extensively on the subject of railways. He wrote a twelve volume treatise, The Science...
  13. Bill Anderson

Another southbound (tt/west) pulled by older diesels passed the marsh Wednesday afternoon (10-23-19). I had to really tweak my son's photo as we are now looking directly into the sun from the #1 viewing platform of the marsh at this time of day. Sunset Ave. or Brackett's Landing North are much...
  14. Bill Anderson

We relocated to Sunset Ave., where a southbound (tt/west) freight was waiting for more of the passenger parade to pass. The lead unit was 156, which Trains magazine lists as a GP60-3. The Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8). The above photos were all taken by my son with the...
  15. Bill Anderson

October started out warm and sunny, but as predicted by nationally know meteorologist Cliff Maas, the seasonal rain, gloom, and doom moved in mid month. https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381443675/weather-with-cliff-mass Although it was still overcast Tuesday afternoon (10-22-19), my son and I...
  16. Bill Anderson

Railfan meet

Two Amtrak units in the Heritage scheme? Your lucky day. :cool:
  17. Bill Anderson

Railfan meet

The weather and fall colors look great. I hope you post up more photos from today's railfan meet. Nothing but rain up here in my corner of the PNW.
  18. Bill Anderson

Train Identification

Looks like India from the turbans worn by many of the men in the photo.
  19. Bill Anderson

Monday (10-14-19) was a beautiful October day: sunny, warm but not hot, and no wind. The bright sunshine was bad for taking bird photos at the marsh but perfect for photographing passing trains, as evidenced by these shots taken by my son with the 7DII + 16-35L wide angle zoom. Northbound...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.