Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. P

Seattle Sub Track Schematic/Diagram

Hello there fellow railfans and Foamers. I am wondering if anyone has or knows of a Track Schematic/Diagram of the Seattle Sub (mostly from Tacoma to Seattle)? Since the new 3rd main has been added from Auburn too Tukwila (except Kent) I have been wondering what the trackage is like now. I rode...
  2. P

Seattle Sub - UP Trackage rights question

Hello there, I was wondering if someone could explain to me how UP operates over the BNSF from Tukwila to Seattle and Northward? I believe i've seen UP trains going over Stevens Pass, but I might be mistaken. And if possible how UP leaves Tacoma and onto BNSF Southward? I'm curious how BNSF and...
  3. P

Amtrak Auto Facility

I'm looking for operations on a Amtrak AutoTrain Facility, where the passenger cars are parked, where are the Auto-carries loaded and such. I found several videos on Youtube showing some things but noting really descriptive. The pictures posted are of the Amtrak AutoTrain Facility in Sanford, FL...
  4. P

Latah Creek Railroad Bridge - Spokane, WA

I'm interested in the history of the bridge and what railroads use it? I've seen pictures of BNSF but do other's use it? Also, what are the name of the routes? Thanks! PS: Did at one time a line connect between the North and South legs?
  5. P

Sounder from Seattle to Bellevue?

I have always wondered since the Sounder began running, how hard would it have been to link Seattle and Bellevue via the BNSF rail line? If I remember correctly the BNSF line used to be the NP [corrected] that connected up to the Everett (Scenic Sub) area. And up till recently the home of the...
  6. P

Info on the BNSF Sub's in the Pacific Northwest

All the time I read railfan's talk about where they were and what Sub's there on. As someone new to railfanning, I'd like to know the names of current BNSF Sub's in my area. Is there a map online somewhere showing them? What about ex'Subs and such?, maybe that's too much into history. Anyhow...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.