Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. U

NS Heritage on BNSF

My guess is that they'll send it back to NS once it gets to KC.
  2. U

NS Heritage on BNSF

I heard that NS 1067 is on the BNSF train H-DILKCK1-22. Anyone have any further details on this? I would like to catch it if it makes it to KC.
  3. U

Celebrating UP's 150th with Railfanning

Man, that was one heck of a railfanning day! Great shots!
  4. U

E9 Heads UP!

They keep coming through KC during the middle of the night.
  5. U

Some "Real" SP Heritage

Good shots! I saw SP 266 on the CWEAF here in KC.
  6. U

Engine Damaged

Anyone know if UP #7474 ( an ES44AC, or C45ACCTE as UP calls them) was involved in any derailment somewhere? I saw it today over at KCS's Knoche Yard waiting to head over to Mid-America Car to be repaired and pretty much most of the engineer's side of the locomotive has been badly damaged.
  7. U

"Dead Blocks" - How Dead Can a Mainline Get?

This has happened to me before, too. I have railfanned the UP Kansas Sub and will sometimes see three or four an hour, but some times I will be there for two or three hours and see nothing. I will then go over to the BNSF Emporia Sub at Holliday (which parallels the Kansas Sub for the first...
  8. U

844 Updated Schedule!

Looking forward to seeing it! I missed seeing it come through KC last year, but I plan on catching it this month!
  9. U

"WOW" What A Day In The Rochelle Area

Great shots! Looks like it was a really good day.
  10. U

Questions Non-Railfans ask Railfans

What are some things Non-Railfans have asked you about trains and/or being a railfan? Also, what are some "funny" things non-railfans have said about trains?
  11. U

What is the symbol for this train?

On 2-11-12 at around 11:40 a.m. at Santa Fe Junction in Kansas City, I caught a manifest that was led by UP #4450, UP #2312, and UP #4040. The train had quite a few Norfolk Southern boxcars and gondolas, about four reefers (ARMN), some loaded centerbeam flatcars, and some woodchip gondolas...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.