Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. A

Midwest Railfan Trip Suggestions

Hey there, I will be traveling alone to the midwest late next month for about 5 days of solo railfanning and am interested in any advice or feedback for my journey. My specific interests are seeing plenty of action at times, visiting scenic or interesting areas, and also catching some of the...
  2. A

New Mexico Railfan Trip Questions

Hey there :-) I'm heading on a railfan sabbatical of sorts to New Mexico next weekend and am wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I've only driven through northern New Mexico once - in August of '84 - but I remember how beautiful the mountains to the north of the interstate were. Too...
  3. A

Amtrak 164 in Auburn, WA yard 11-3-13

Just saw a little bit ago Amtrak 164 sitting alone at the southeast end of Auburn yard, behind the propane dealer (I think that's what's there). It wasn't attached to any other equipment from what I could see. -Dave
  4. A

Norfolk Southern Business Cars on Roanoke RailCam

I just looked at the Roanoke RailCam at 12:30pm EST and their business cars are sitting on the nearest track with what appears to be employees/families getting on or off. Over the past few days they had laid some gravel along the side of the track which I had no idea what it was for, but...
  5. A

BNSF ex-TM GP60 in Auburn, WA

I was just down by the yard in Auburn and a northbound freight sitting in the yard has ex-TM GP60 169 as fourth in consist. It is behind an H2 SD75M and two nice looking Oakway SD60's. A southbound freight rolled into the siding and stopped at the south end. It had five units including a...
  6. A

TacomaRail in Olympia

Hello all, I'm modeling the Mottman spur from downtown Olympia, and am planning a quick trip down that way in a few weeks to get some shots. Is the local still running out the branch on Thursdays? Does anyone know what time roughly that they might be heading out? The things I want to...
  7. A

Question on Railfanning Martinez CA

I'm looking at doing a two day getaway (just myself, for railfanning) to the east bay area in late February. I'd fly into Oakland in the morning and fly out the next day in the evening. I'm thinking of staying in Muir, so that gives a general idea of what I have to work with time-wise and...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.