Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. SamReeves

UP 1983 at Elkhorn this morning

UP 1983 heads southbound at Elkhorn, California this morning on a Operation Lifesaver special. The Western Pacific inspired locomotive was sporting a Nathan M3 horn, reminiscent of what Western Pacific's locomotives sounded like in the day. It was fun to hear it echo off the hills at Elkhorn...
  2. SamReeves

The end of an Era

That should be it for SP roundhouses when it gets knocked down. None left.
  3. SamReeves

India 2012 - 23: Goa VI - On Water, Rails and Elephant (50 p.)

Wonderful travelogue. Liked the bridge from the fishing dock the best!
  4. SamReeves

New Cascades Talgo

Designer of the fail award for sure! LOL.
  5. SamReeves

Nothing like the Indian commuter train

No such thing as liability lawsuits in India! LOL. :D q1gE7P5HyaQ
  6. SamReeves

844 in Black and White

Looks good. Nice stuff!
  7. SamReeves

India 2012 - 16: Pune - I have been to Monkey Hill! (50 p.)

Obviously there are no special agents in India! Cool pix!!
  8. SamReeves

Everyone ok?

Salinas California has no tornadoes and no trains to speak of.
  9. SamReeves

The 1990's Were Good....

Memory lane for sure. Nice pix.
  10. SamReeves

Another attempt at posting pics...

I got a feeling they'll make the hill! ;)
  11. SamReeves

A visit to the "Rathole"

Excellent stuff for sure!
  12. SamReeves

"Dead Blocks" - How Dead Can a Mainline Get?

You have nothing to complain about. On the Coast here it's Amtrak down in the mid morning, and Amtrak up in the evening. Youpee rarely runs a train down the entire length of the line.
  13. SamReeves

A few photos from the past few days in Kentucky

Agreed. Like the West Point bridge there.
  14. SamReeves

Norfolk Southern Saluda 5% Grade

I'm surprised they don't break knuckles more often out there!
  15. SamReeves

A SUNNY day on the Chattanooga Sub..

Love that last photo, but get your saw out!! :D
  16. SamReeves

"Developing process"

Lots of experimentation! It'll take time to come to a workflow that is best for you. Usually I go over it with a fine toothed comb on each image. I avoid batch processing. But usually import on camera RAW, if it's a model I will tweak the settings…landscapes I usually go straight to PS...
  17. SamReeves

Former CNW E8 now painted SP pulls Dinner Train on CP

Interesting. I wonder if they'll try putting in some real numberboards one day?
  18. SamReeves

The best website for railfans

Most of the rail forums have nazis moderating it one way or another. If you're not counting enough nuts and bolts, adios muchacho. Not too much hard line moderating here though.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.