Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Railgeek

Run8 Train Simulator

I've got the game, but all of the DLC makes it look like it's something from EA. I liked how MSTS had 3rd party developers, and plenty of freeware. I wish someone would make freeware for Run8.
  2. Railgeek

Locomotive scrap yard

Bringing back an old topic, might have wanted to start a new topic instead, but here is a reply- Call or email these guys- http://www.ltexrail.com/ They scrap and rebuild locomotives, as well as spare parts for them. K5's are pretty expensive though, expect to pay over $1000 for a new one...
  3. Railgeek

Any fantasy BNSF heritage schemes on-line?

The V-speeds as you know them usually are called out on takeoff roll. "V" for "velocity;" V1 is the speed at which the Captain thinks the plane will lift off. "Rotate" is the speed at which the Captain will actually manipulate the controls to make the plane take off. V2 is the climb out speed...
  4. Railgeek

I've got a bunch of them, but here are the most likely candidates: C44-9CW and an ES44C4 (complete with front stripes, which took forever in MS Paint.)
  5. Railgeek

I've painted some of Michael Eby's models (ES44AC/AC4400/C44-9W) from his website trainiax in Burlington Northern colors, but nothing of a heritage scheme sort of thing. I don't have them on my laptop at school, but I'll see if I can get them up here sometime later next week when I head back home.
  6. Railgeek

Wenatchee Washington Radio Feed

Gary, what channel does the Wenatchee stream run on? I can't really understand how you would be getting interference from the VOR-DME at the airport, since it runs at 111.000 MHz. There is also an RCO on Badger Mtn that is at 122.300 MHz.
  7. Railgeek

Burned out

I've had on and offs with railfanning. Recently it's been an "on" thing with learning videography. But being at school, I can't get out much to shoot trains.
  8. Railgeek

Some storm pics from Lima, Ohio

I've been wanting to get more lightning photos, but the weather here in Washington doesn't cooperate.... Maybe 1 or 2 lightning storms per year, and even then those storms aren't that good.
  9. Railgeek

Some storm pics from Lima, Ohio

Were you using a tripod? It may help with the sharpness if you also use the "Mirror lock-up" function on your camera if it has one. (I'm pretty sure the D3000 has it.) I brought my 5D along just for lightning shots when I visited my aunt in Somerville, OH on a vacation, but alas, there were no...
  10. Railgeek

Loram Rail Grinder June 11 2011

No problem! I love MOW equipment, rail grinding is the most fun to watch. I've got another video that I'll upload further down the line sometime this weekend.
  11. Railgeek

Loram Rail Grinder June 11 2011

All hand held with a Canon Vixia HF S200. Video Here.
  12. Railgeek

What Do You Shoot With? - 2010 Edition

Bought a used G10 to go with my 5D and 1N RS setup. I'm starting to carry this around more than the SLRs.
  13. Railgeek

New Canon Cameras

Ehh, so do I but money is not falling from the sky.... yet.
  14. Railgeek

Old crappy patched SP in Santa Cruz

Great photo with the eucalyptus trees as a border Sam! Every time I go to California, I like to see the eucalyptus trees.
  15. Railgeek

New Canon Cameras

The EOS 1100D (T3) and the EOS 600D (T3i) have been announced by Canon today: DPReview has a preview on both of them below: Canon 1100D (T3) Canon 600D (T3i) They have also announced the 320EX and 270EX II external flashes for the EOS system. Here. Sadly, no 5D Mark III or 1Ds...
  16. Railgeek

Tracks in the Snow 2011

Thanks Ross and Will. Yeah, the radio clip was the second half of a funny conversation between the engineer and conductor. The pan was hard to do, barely hearing the train over the rushing waters of the falls.
  17. Railgeek

Tracks in the Snow 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95p0QScAgGU Here's the video I put together for the event. First time editing in Sony Vegas, and first time doing a "serious railfanning film." Let me know what you think of it.
  18. Railgeek

Full Frame Of Mind

Don't get your feet in the shot with your 17-40! It's happened to me before. Good luck with the new camera, hope to see some videos from you soon!
  19. Railgeek

Sledding behind a train

Click me! I don't recommend this at all. If you read the title, it says it's in France.
  20. Railgeek

Looking for a cheap Canon

Depending on how much you want to spend, you could go with a Rebel Xsi or T1i DSLR, if you want to expand in the future. If you want to keep it simple, stick with a point and shoot like a SX30IS or a S95. Most people on here will suggest a DSLR, because of the interchangeable lenses and more...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.