Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. stlgevo51

BNSF Southern Transcon Visit

The Missouri segment of the Transon is so cool! The ATSF signal bridges are still standing (not for long) and there are many nice angles. The bridge at Bayport Road is really cool. It's a shame they are taking it down.
  2. stlgevo51

Chasing the Monongahela Through Illinois Cornfields

It's been a while since I've posted photos on here, so I'm behind. I won't post all of my recent stuff, but feel free to go to my Flickr page to check out photos of NS and Amtrak heritage units, a plane-railfan flight, and BNSF at Essex, MT. However, I will post one of the best heritage unit...
  3. stlgevo51

EMDX1206 and EMDX1208 in the Midwest

That second shot is really nice Brad!
  4. stlgevo51

Kansas City Southern through Central Missouri

CP Gevos in the Storm Light by stlgevo51, on Flickr I'm guessing this was the train you saw. This shot was taken near Centralia that Friday as we were driving home from chasing another train on the line: KCS 1 in the Storm by stlgevo51, on Flickr Back in the Clouds by stlgevo51, on Flickr This...
  5. stlgevo51

Kansas City Southern through Central Missouri

The KCS sees two intermodal trains each way per day, the IVNKC and IKCVN "Schneider Flyer" trains. In addition, they also run MVNKC and MKCVN trains a couple of times per week each. The NS St. Louis District sees around 10 trains on average through Mexico.
  6. stlgevo51

CSX rail train, NS, I&O runs and GT locos!!!

Cool catches! Looks like a fun and productive day.
  7. stlgevo51

Two Months of Photos

Thanks for the kind words guys! NS 5406 is still kicking in CR blue. In fact, I just saw a bunch of photos of it leading a train in Altoona over the weekend. One of the other three CR blue units has been repainted in the last three months, so it is only a matter of time before 5406 has the same...
  8. stlgevo51

Two Months of Photos

I have been busy and haven't had a lot of time as of late to upload, so now that I have some free time I will just share all of my recent stuff at once. The first is from early December when one of only 4 Conrail painted SD50s made its way to St. Louis. I caught it on St. Louis-Wentzville, MO...
  9. stlgevo51

Double NS Heritage on a cold winters day

Nice job! I caught this guy in Centralia after dark the previous day. Everyone else in the St. Louis area caught it in perfect light, but since I was tied up I had to go WAY east to catch it and still didn't get a good shot!
  10. stlgevo51

Chasing the I&O, CFE 3316 G&W paint on its way, RJ Corman

Cool catch. It's awesome to see three tunnel motors in three paint schemes.
  11. stlgevo51

Awesome Power on the Platte River Bridge!

Great power! That first consist is impressive, but that rare matching pair of B40-8s is my personal favorite! Nice job!
  12. stlgevo51

NYC Elkart, IN 1941

These photos are GOLD, especially the last one. Thanks for sharing!
  13. stlgevo51

NS Heritage on the CNO&TP (Lackawanna & S&A)

You did well. Lucky for you NS put them on the point. It looks like you were both lucky and good on those chases!
  14. stlgevo51

The last Heritage unit of 2012. DL&W 1074 on the CNO&TP

Those are great photographs! NS 1074 is a great looking unit.
  15. stlgevo51

It's Cold Outside 12/29/12

Those BNs looked terrible, but it's cool to see them together! Nice catch on those and the CN barn.
  16. stlgevo51

My Shadow Was 50 Feet Long

Looks familiar. I was at Old Monroe shooting this same train meeting a northbound manifest. I, too, had some great light. Nice shot Bill.
  17. stlgevo51

Christmas comes to town on a E9, CN-IC Santa Train

Very nice shots! You really know what you are doing when it comes to exposure. That second shot is fantastic! I wanted to go north to chase the CN/IC and NS specials as well. Alas, I couldn't get up there. Maybe next year.
  18. stlgevo51

Recent Stuff

Thanks guys! Yes, the street running is from La Grange, KY.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.