Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

Some video of a day in the life of a Stampede Pass railfan in the dead of winter. Skip to 12:25 if all you want to see is the train we saw that day..... ?v=ZYAn5jZ9alg&feature=share&list=UULvnfZ4liRSakgdSte7Nuig
  2. Trackside

Dabbling In Flash Photography

I wonder the same thing. With the shots where the flashes light up the side of the train I can see where it wouldn't bother the crew much, but in most of the shots the flashes are set up to flash right in the cab and consequently the crews eyes and WOW do they look bright. I'd be worried about...
  3. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

Hey thanks a lot for the kind words Tom!
  4. Trackside

Run8 Train Simulator

Some more.
  5. Trackside

Run8 Train Simulator

Here are some shots I've taken of the current route.
  6. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

Here are a few more from earlier this winter. 2. Borup Loop 3. New Stampede 4. Previous trains DPU's 5. Always happy to catch a Heritage 1 unit on the pass as well as a friendly crew. This was a lucky day with this train being the second one we caught on the pass. 6. Stampede 7...
  7. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

I should have posted this earlier in the week, but I went up on the pass last weekend and caught this empty grainer at old tunnel 6. You can still see the old tunnel wall on the far side of the cut.
  8. Trackside

Run8 Train Simulator

Sweet looking forward to more routes.
  9. Trackside

BNSF Stevens Pass traffic flow question....

I'll add rumor and speculation. I believe BNSF doesn't run any real tonnage over Stevens because they don't have too, and they would rather run high priority - faster stack trains. It's far safer to run tonnage down the Lakeside/Fallbridge subs and requires minimal power at around 1 HP per...
  10. Trackside

Scenic Sub Slides

Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know why they are cutting down all the trees in these areas? I understand that they do that on rocky hillsides because the trees can split the rocks up, but why on a hillside made of dirt? I was always lead to believe that the tree roots...
  11. Trackside

A snowy day on the BNSF Funnel

Great shots, the first two are my favorite. Good to see you back on the forum!
  12. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

Yikes that sucks. Hopefully it doesn't give the crew a long lasting bad impression of snowmobiliers...
  13. Trackside

Major Slide on CN in Fraser Canyon

Wow now that's an impressive slide! Thanks for posting the pics.
  14. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

We had about 3 trains overnight and it was great listening to them round the loop and with each train the power went totally silent as it passed through tunnel 4. So quickly its like someone hit the mute button and all you can hear is the cars until the power roared out of the east portal. I...
  15. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

Glad I can contribute a few more pics to this post. These are a little tardy as I took them on Friday September 28 and Saturday the 29th, but I finally got around to sizing them down. 1/2) I camped above tunnel 4 Friday night and as I got out of my rig to survey the spot I heard a a train...
  16. Trackside

Derailment Clean-Up

Neat job and really cool rig you have there! Love the big exhaust pipes.
  17. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

Very nice catch Brian! I've been slow to post my pics, but I camped above tunnel 4 on Friday the 28th and again on the 5th. Photographed 4 trains on the first trip, and only 2 on the second - both were Friday night. Like was posted here, there was nothing to see Saturday. The last train that...
  18. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

That's awesome - hopefully the pass stays busy like this all winter. I'm itching to get back up there on the snowmobiles.
  19. Trackside

Stampede Pass Diary

Love all the pictures Brian and company - keep them coming. Its been a kick to see the traffic increases on Stampede. Today I saw 2 empty coal trains passing Mukilteo headed for what I assume is a Stampede crossing. Just hope it continues in the winter for some railfan trips on the snowmobiles.
  20. Trackside

Problems on the BNSF Fallbridge Sub..???

I believed it all until Gus said they'd be running additional trains over Stampede.... ;)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.