Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. n.p.-dad

Portland Vancouver Jct Railway

Portland Vancouver Jct. Ry. is now working on laying new 115 lb rail in the Rye yard and north out of Rye to the new sand spur of n.e 62 ave...They are building new switches for install in the Rye yard this week... Here are a couple of Pictures of the work crew and trains.. G.D.
  2. n.p.-dad

Its official...Weyerhaeuser line is gone

Well it is official...the former Weyerhaeuser woods line to green mountain mill has been torn up from green mountain mill to nearly mile post 20, soon to be mile post 18 just shy of the land fill and Rock spur I was just up there to get some photo's of the line before it was torn up, and this...
  3. n.p.-dad

Weyerhaeuser line torn up

Today I was notified from a source inside Patriot rail, that patriot rail plans on scrapping the former Weyerhaeuser woods railroad from Green mountain to MP 18 near Rock spur...After a failed attempts to Develope the former green mountain mill property, the Patriot railroad(columbia Cowlitz)...
  4. n.p.-dad

Weyerhaeuser loco's headed to Chicago

On Tuesday in Longview Washington, Former Weyerhaeuser ex-Weyco/C&C Powerwas interchanged to Longview switching for the start of their journey to Chicago, Ill. Thier new owner is "Larry's Truck & Electric" (LTEX)... Departing Motors are: Ex C&C 700, 701 & 702, Ex WTCX 300,304,305,307,308 &...
  5. n.p.-dad

Chasing Wellamette Valley Branchlines

Today I finally got down to Albany and Lebanon, Oregon to photograph the Albany & Eastern Railroad...I have the week off from work, so I finally bit the bullet and filled the gas tank up....The weather report was great and a phone call to the A&E office and a schedule, and I was heading south on...
  6. n.p.-dad

Patriot Rail, Longview

Patriot rail LLc, Longview, has taken shipment and accepted two former Temple & Central Texas GP-38's today...They are a very nice looking pare... they look alot larger than we are used to seeing with old gp-7's 9's &20's, and switchers...Not sure if these units will be used on the Landfill...
  7. n.p.-dad

WTco SW sold?

It seems as though the former Weyerhaeuser SW-1500 #306 has been sold by new owner Patriot Rail...it was seen switching the Port Of Longview Washington, with all it's Weyerhaeuser markings painted out and removed...only the number 306 is left on the engine...I am not sure if the engine was sold...
  8. n.p.-dad

My Last Day On Weyerhaeuser

On Thursday December 30th, 2010 a long Weyerhaeuser Railroading era ended. At 08:00 on a very cold and foggy morning, Weyerhaeuser tank xtra to The Headquarters land fill departed the Longview mill complex with engine #'s 305,312,302,308,309,311,307 and six empty tank cars and caboose #4...This...
  9. n.p.-dad

BYCX Christmas tree train

My family and I went out to Yacolt, Washington today for our anual ride on their Christmas tree train...This was our 7th year doing so...It is a great time...Motive power for this trip was their trusty old Alco s-2 #1...A great little unit...The track speed is quite slow, but it is a great...
  10. n.p.-dad

Extra trains on Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser woods railroad in Longview is running a couple Tank Extras this weekend...They ran two trains today...They are leaving the mill in Longview at 04:00, and 10:30 Saturday...This is a rare oportunity to catch a train up hill in the day time any more, as they usually run very early in...
  11. n.p.-dad

Weyerhaeuser Schedule

I was up in Longview today to take some photos and some video of the Weyerhaeuser railroad operations, as the line is slated for sale, and the future is quite unknown... The only woods line train that runs is now the Landfill train...and only one a day...This train leaves the Longview mill...
  12. n.p.-dad

Weyerhaeuser in Ostrander canyon

Last week I went up to Longview, Wa., to get some pictures of the Weyerhaeuser woods railroads Landfill train, So I hiked up into the Ostrander river Canyon to get some pictures and try some video...So here is the video link on youtube...Sorry that the quality isn't as good as I would like...I...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.