Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. n.p.-dad

GorgeRail 2013

Gorgerail 2013 went exceptionally well this year... great shows and great people... I had a great time... I love that it is in The Dalles, Oregon, in the heart of the Columbia river gorge... here are a few of my pics from the day... First picture ... West Bound near Crates Oregon, Just west...
  2. n.p.-dad

old slide photo's

This last batch of slides were still good... even on the modern side... Keep posting... It is nice to have a surprise pop up in my inbox telling me there are new pictures to view...
  3. n.p.-dad

old slide photo's

Yes I was... The other angle you posted looks good... must have been someone very important... in the first picture there was even a policeman in it, maybe a politicians wife...???...Assuming that the lady in the convertible is what all the hub bub is about... Gary D. Vancouver, Washington
  4. n.p.-dad

old slide photo's

looks looks there was a car accident in the back ground... it looks like the dark colored car hit a telephone pole and maybe derailed the train.....What do ya think...???
  5. n.p.-dad

old slide photo's

Keep posting more of these excellent vintage photo's... I love to look at them... Man how things have changed.... Gary D. Vancouver, Washington
  6. n.p.-dad

Portland Vancouver Jct Railway

They do have a much large customer base than they used to have...I'll try to list them here... They still have the Anderson plastic business in battle ground...they also have central dry wall who still ships a few cars a year to battle ground...at Brush prairie, Anderson plastics has set up...
  7. n.p.-dad

Portland Vancouver Jct Railway

Portland Vancouver Jct. Ry. is now working on laying new 115 lb rail in the Rye yard and north out of Rye to the new sand spur of n.e 62 ave...They are building new switches for install in the Rye yard this week... Here are a couple of Pictures of the work crew and trains.. G.D.
  8. n.p.-dad

Seeking pictures of Weyerhaeuser GP9 #308..

Yes... at one time Three other units besides the Sw1500 were numbered 308... 1st=GP35(Former SP), 2nd=sw900slug, 3rd-gp=9(up from OC&E), and last but not least,4th= sw1500(former SP) Hope this clears it up for you a bit... Thanks for asking... Gary D. Vancouver, Washington
  9. n.p.-dad

Just a quick note...4 locomotives have used the number 308 at Longview...don't for get the sw-1500 #308... The last one to use this number...And Yes...We are Wanting very much to find a great picture of the GP-9 308...I have two black and white action shots of it, but no color pictures at all...
  10. n.p.-dad

Gorgerail 2012

Web site looks good...I see that there are a few well known photographers that are going to show this year.....So far it souds like a pretty good time... Keep the web site updated.... G.D.
  11. n.p.-dad

Gorgerail 2012

Excellent...Tickets will also be avaliable at the door for same price... I am looking forward to the great shows and all the great railfanning... Keep us all posted on the updates... G.D.
  12. n.p.-dad

Lima Shay rebuild SN-1643

Excellent News...I have always loved this little shay.... the Blog link is excellent...Lots of great info... Thanks... One question...Is that the original engine house that they used when this little steamer was still in use...Looks great...Love to see the building restored also.. Gary D...
  13. n.p.-dad

Would love to see the engine card...and the number board....Also, did you happen to take a photo of them scrapping the unit out..???... Thanks... Gary D.
  14. n.p.-dad

Its official...Weyerhaeuser line is gone

well they say that progress is good....I don't see this as progress... Well at least the track will still be in use from Longview to The Headquarters landfill... The Simpson timber company did the same thing a few years back...now there is only aboyt 9 miles of track left on the...
  15. n.p.-dad

Here are a couple more shots that I took...the line from Camp 1 is pretty hard to follow...logging roads are about the only way, and most of those are gated and locked...so you need to hike in to most of the line... pic 1...looking west from camp 1 up hill towards Headquarters pic 2...21...
  16. n.p.-dad

Well it is official...the former Weyerhaeuser woods line to green mountain mill has been torn up from green mountain mill to nearly mile post 20, soon to be mile post 18 just shy of the land fill and Rock spur I was just up there to get some photo's of the line before it was torn up, and this...
  17. n.p.-dad

Gorgerail 2012

I am going...Looks like a great line up this year...Some old names and some new ones....Another reason to head out and up the columbia river...I had a blast there last year...good shows good fellowship, good food... See ya there...count me in... G.D.
  18. n.p.-dad

Weyerhaeuser line torn up

According to what I was told, they have already signed a contractor to scrap the line....so it will probably not be open to a rail sale... the only thing I can say is, when they do start to scrap it out, head down to Longview, and talk to the contractor personally... G. Durr
  19. n.p.-dad

Weyerhaeuser line torn up

Today I was notified from a source inside Patriot rail, that patriot rail plans on scrapping the former Weyerhaeuser woods railroad from Green mountain to MP 18 near Rock spur...After a failed attempts to Develope the former green mountain mill property, the Patriot railroad(columbia Cowlitz)...
  20. n.p.-dad

Weyerhaeuser loco's headed to Chicago

On Tuesday in Longview Washington, Former Weyerhaeuser ex-Weyco/C&C Powerwas interchanged to Longview switching for the start of their journey to Chicago, Ill. Thier new owner is "Larry's Truck & Electric" (LTEX)... Departing Motors are: Ex C&C 700, 701 & 702, Ex WTCX 300,304,305,307,308 &...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.