Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. DelmonteX

NP Dining Car In Tacoma - Kickstarter

A 1910 NP Dining car that was moved from Easton WA, to Tacoma a few years for restoration is under the gun to be moved. The LeMay Family Collection has offered a permanent home for storage and restoration. The owner of the car needs to raise 17k by end of the month to get the car to this new...
  2. DelmonteX

Mount Rainier Scenic Night Shoot

MRSR held a photo charter this past Saturday. I was only able to make it out to the event for the night session. A big thanks to the MRSR staff and volunteers. I'm pretty sure they were all pretty tired after such a long day. I haven't been up there since the "shops" became the "Museum"...
  3. DelmonteX

TEMCO 219 - Last Days

TEMCO 219, an SW1200, former NP 219, which has sat at the end of a stub track at the TEMCO facility in Tacoma for several years, has made it's last move. Not a long one and not under it's owner power. It was moved a few hundred feet and is currently being scrapped on site. Here's a...
  4. DelmonteX

BNSF Sumas Sub

What kind of action is the Sumas Sub seeing this days? A quick flyover with Google Earth indicates there appears to still be some customers online.
  5. DelmonteX

Cdtx 2010

is the lead unit on todays #11 out of Seattle. This unit was recently re-powered (EMD 710 ECO) and painted. At least the painting was done at Progress Rail in Tacoma (ex CEECO facility).
  6. DelmonteX

Interesting Train on the Seattle Sub

This afternoon about 1:30 a southbound BNSF train rolled past Pioneer (University Place, WA). Headend had a BNSF unit in the lead and two CN units trailing. Mid train were three more BNSF units and the rear DPU's were a BNSF and a CP unit. Train consisted of grey 3 bay covered hoppers...
  7. DelmonteX

Day and Night

Here's some of my shots thus far. First up is a shot from Anderson Island featuring the whole train and non-steaming volcano. Thursday night featured a night photo session at Tacoma Rail. Here's our host, Bob, spotting the 4449 with the rods just right. A couple of MP15's...
  8. DelmonteX

Tacoma Area Odds 'n Ends

The Port of Tacoma's new Lincoln Ave overpass has been completed (just in time for the city of Tacoma to close the Lincoln Ave bridge over the Puyallup for 6 months). The overpass has a sidewalk on the west side and provides some nice new vista's of Tacoma Rails operations in the area...
  9. DelmonteX

Problem on the Scenic sub??

This afternoon there were three northbound trains cooling there heals in Tacoma. A +-7200' stack train with 8 units on the point and a couple of DPU's and a manifest. They had the Tacoma Main and Main 1 clogged through and south of 21st st. A nb loaded coal train was told to tie...
  10. DelmonteX

Power Move

A 13 unit light engine move left Tacoma NB around 7:30 pm today. I believe they were calling the train the Tacoma-Wenatachee.
  11. DelmonteX

Sound Transit's Missing Mile

Has there been an official decision on the Pacific Ave crossing in the middle of the D to M st missing mile? Constuction is under way along this route. I checked Sound Transits project pages and there is not a word (least I could find) about the construction of the crossing. The big...
  12. DelmonteX

Something new from a mouthy detector

For me anyway. Somewhere in the vicinity of Longview, WA along the BNSF Seattle sub, a detector annouced a train and then 'dissed it by saying "Train too slow". Never heard that before. How's that work, and what is supposed to be the crews response if any?
  13. DelmonteX

Tacoma Incident Report

At least up here in the Pacific NW, we seem to be off to a record setting year of stupidity on the rails. A couple weeks ago, while returning from a trip on Steven's Pass, I ran across this group on the Scenic Sub mainline just outside Everett, WA. Yesterday I heard over the...
  14. DelmonteX

Garbage Riders

I sometimes feel like railfanning is like baseball. Watch a game and you'll see something new each time! Today I spent an interesting half hour or so at the Tacoma Amtrak station watching and mildly participating in a little drama featuring a BNSF garbage train (EVEROO), some unwanted...
  15. DelmonteX

BNSF Tacoma LUGO line moving

BNSF 8225 is leading a string of 10 SD75's (several Warbonnets), northbound out of Tacoma. Crew's on board (8pm) and they look like they are ready to depart after a SB UP intermodal clears. That leaves 3 more SD75's in storage at Tacoma. Also, CN 2457, a blue unit with I.C. markings...
  16. DelmonteX

Another Fatality on the BNSF Seattle Sub

Cascades 516 struck and killed a woman in Puyallup WA, between SR 512 and 7th st at around 5:56 pm on Thursday 6/24. The line was cordoned off for 90 minutes for the investigation. No info so far as to why she was on the tracks. Relief crew called for 516. Southbound Sounders must...
  17. DelmonteX

Loaded Coal in Auburn, WA

About 1 pm today, I noticed a coal train on the wye in Auburn. East (south) leg of the wye. Couldn't see the power, but why would it be on the wye?
  18. DelmonteX

Steilacoom Paper Mill

Procrastination rears it's ugly head. How many times did I drive by the Abitibi Consolidated paper mill at Steilacoom? I stopped once to ask permission to photography the little switch engine rusting away in a shed. I was told to leave a card and someone would get back to me. They never...
  19. DelmonteX

Woodinville, WA

Can someone tell me the name of the line that leaves the wye at Woodinville, WA heading west and perhaps tell me a little bit about it? I traced it as far as the north end of Lake Washington. Is that where it ended or did continue on to a connection with the current BNSF mains?
  20. DelmonteX

High Priority Garbage?

Is this the ZEVEROO? :rolleyes: Anyone have an info on this train? Three units and six double stacks, seems rather unusual. Through Steilacoom WA on Monday 5/10/2010.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com