Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. M

Whitefish,MT audio stream

You know, if you want to see a webcam on the Whitefish run the guy you might want to talk to runs BigSkyNet. He used to run an ISP by himself called MooseNet but I think that he is with BigSkyNet now. Hes a good guy and has the knowledge on how to do it and he is very suggestible.
  2. M

Railfan Harassment

Well guys, I think I am going to abandon this thread for the time being. I have gotten more information than I dreamed of from everyone. Since Trains Mag thought the article wasn't worth the time I will try R&R and if not them, then I will just get angsty and design a mag myself. I want to thank...
  3. M

Railfan Harassment

I think we need to abandon that particular subject. No benefit in pursuing it any longer. Especially if it was trolling. As for the state of the site, if that is the case maybe it is time to push things back into order. I really hate to see non-obsessed railfans. I almost went away from the...
  4. M

Railfan Harassment

I hear ya, I hope that it didn't sound like I was accusing anyone of anything, just noting that I find it better to just let it slide. Unless of course you were responding to someone else. In which case ignore what I just said. Heh. Just covering my bases. Always best to treat everyone with...
  5. M

Railfan Harassment

Honestly I think that RCH did the exact right thing. Number one, there is no benefit to getting torqued off by the action of someone who obviously didn't have the intelligence of the common turnip. Number two, he probably did more damage to the guy giving the bird by not reacting to him. The guy...
  6. M

Railfan Harassment

Oh BTW guys, just a note of the state of the article. The Kalmbach editor blew me off. That guy is a major elitist *******. He wouldn't even answer me directly. All of his responses were either one sentence or him sending me guideline PDFs. Man I am tempted to tell him where to stick it. He also...
  7. M

Railfan Harassment

Honestly I have heard those arguments. Lets face it guys, yes a photographer has the right to film whatever he wants from public property. Also I don't think we should punish an engineer having a bad day. Really the more we lay into each other the worse it gets though. If an engineer or track...
  8. M

A Question For Railroad Security Personnel

Hi, I am currently running another thread on the forum about the relations between railroad enthusiasts and employees after the 9/11 incident. I recieved data a few years back that it was possible that this relationship between the two parties was growing distant. The pattern that I was seeing...
  9. M

Railfan Harassment

@ Tacoma Tom: That worked out for you then? I am surprised. I definately didn't think I would hear that response while I was digging for information. I have to say, I am impressed. I would also like to hear more about it. If there is anything that you can tell me beyond what you just said let me...
  10. M

Railfan Harassment

Really what I guess it comes down to in this respect is that the law states that you can take images of whatever you want from public property. Although certain public authorities have gone out of their way to say otherwise, that is the law. Also railfans do a great deal for railroad PR. So...
  11. M

Railfan Harassment

I have to say again, thank you all for helping me with this. I apologize for the my post that was before this last one but really, I detest human hostility. I believe that without knowing all of the details of a person you cannot pass judgement on them. In essence "Walking a mile in someone's...
  12. M

Railfan Harassment

You know, it seems to me that the hostility between people has been getting worse and worse as time progresses. Me personally I try to get along with everyone. I think that maybe it is the stress that has been perpetrated by the corporate environment. I have worked for a few big companies and I...
  13. M

Railfan Harassment

Wow, that was utterly hostile. I have NEVER been at odds with a train crew. More times than not I was completely up for helping them. If a crossbeam is stuck I am the one who reports it. I am the guy who directs traffic for a crew if the beams don't come down. I never get in anyone's business...
  14. M

Railfan Harassment

Thank you for that. Honestly, for me, I have always been in love with the railroads. I grew up next to the Southern Pacific. If there was a problem with something along the right of way you could be sure that it was me that called Fresno to report it. At least where I was. If one of the crew...
  15. M

Railfan Harassment

I hear ya. Honestly I might be making more out of it than it is. While that might be the case I am just making sure. So far this doesn't sound to me to be that widespread. I have heard multiple incidents from NS but as for the rest I only hear the occasional whimper. Thank you for your take on...
  16. M

Railfan Harassment

Here is an article on this from Trains: http://cs.trains.com/trn/b/fred-frailey/archive/2011/10/21/is-bnsf-clamping-down-on-photographers.aspx
  17. M

Railfan Harassment

Sounds like standard corporate logic to me.
  18. M

San Joaquin Valley

I just thought I would announce my presence again. I am living in Sacramento, CA about 30 minutes from Roseville Yard. I try to keep track of the area so if anyone needs info on it let me know.
  19. M

Railfan Harassment

Heh, thats kinda neat. Honestly I have always kept myself in the railroads good graces. With the exception of the one I mentioned. From what I have heard most of the problems come from local PD and not the railroads themselves. Although like I said I have heard that NS sometimes calls the...
  20. M

Railfan Harassment

One way or another I am looking for the little problem that no one is seeing. All groups like the police or railroad security are given marching orders and there are always little things that they are told to look for or deal with. I am looking for some of those, trying to figure out the change...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com