Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. B

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

This track extension actually will go from East Babb through Cheney to Anderson Rd, east of Cheney. Wonder if they wish they had kept the SP&S between Spokane and Pasco?
  2. B

Looking for GP-30 photos

Please sign in to your RailroadForums.com account and check your inbox for a private message. http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/65018/title/wrs-2253/cat/862
  3. B

Any photos showing where motor meets gear on diesel electric trucks?

Here are some pictures of the MILW E47-E39 boxcab electric set in the Tacoma yard. Early 1970s
  4. B

Class Reunion Trip 2013

Port of Royal Slope The railroad (Othello - Royal City) and that Alco MRS1 belong to the Port of Royal Slope. They have been doing some preliminary work toward the goal of re-opening this line. Here is their web site: http://www.portofroyal.com/ If you look at the left-bottom of the...
  5. B

MRL OCS train at Spokane WA

Here are a few more pictures of the cars. The baggage / power car #103 is named "Spokane". It's heritage (according to an Internet site) is SantaFe. I did not see any numbers on either of the dome cars, but I believe they are (were) MRL 104 and 105. I found references (from Brian Ambrose)...
  6. B

MRL OCS train at Spokane WA

Got word that the 6-car MRL Officer Car Special train was headed our way from Pasco with SD70ACE 4312 on the point. I took the following pictures at Spokane St, just east of downtown. The stack train on the adjacent track is westbound.
  7. B

Winter Sunset Shots Please

Bill Will you settle for some eastern Washington sunsets? They can be pretty spectacular, too. These two pictures were taken near Reardan WA This one was taken from the deck of my home in Otis Orchards WA
  8. B

A Couple of Odd Ones - 11/25/2012

Jeff's condo Jeff Looking at google, it appears that you live in the semi circular building of about 15 stories near the corner of NW 9th and NW Overton. You certainly do have a nice view of the tracks just NW of Union Station. What is the name of your condo? Google only shows "The...
  9. B

Riding Portland Oregon's MAX system and the streetcar lines

Richard If you click on the circled > which appears on the left side of the screen towards the top, the library list then appears. This thing is a toggle which shows (>) or hides (<) the library list. With the libraries shown You can then click on each library to see the pictures in that...
  10. B

Some pictures of Portland Traction Co Brian - Thanks for pointing that error out. One link I did not include and perhaps should have included is this excellent listing of MAX stations: http://trimet.org/max/stations/index.htm Ruby Junction/E 197th Ave MAX Station E Burnside & 197th Ave I...
  11. B

Royal Hudson Steam Train remembered

Glen Here is one of my favorites of 2860. Seattle, King Street Station, about 1976
  12. B

On Saturday 11/24/2012 I undertook the task of riding all the rail route miles of the Portland Oregon MAX light rail and their streetcar lines. This was remarkably inexpensive as an "Honored Citizen", ie 65yo or more, day pass cost only $2 and was good on the entire MAX system, the streetcars...
  13. B

The ex-NP from Spokane to Sandpoint

Here are 4 more: NP train #2, the eastbound Mainstreeter, just east of the Spokane depot. 1952 SP&S Z-6 Challenger 905 eastbound, just west of Yardley. 1955 NP Z-6 Challenger 5115 westbound splits the semaphores at Harvard Rd in Otis Orchards. 1955. I had a short cab ride in the...
  14. B

"Tacoma Tom" - you are certainly right about how nice it would have been if an NP (or SP&S) challenger had been saved. They were fine looking machines and I am glad that I got a chance to see them in action. The tunnel you refer to was on the SP&S south of Ft. Wright Jct. It wasn't daylighted...
  15. B

NP train 2, the eastbound "Mainstreeter" is seen at the Hauser Jct depot in 1955 Another 1955 view of #2 near Hauser Jct The last NP steam run on the "funnel" was Challenger 5140 returning home to Spokane (Parkwater) on Sunday, September 22, 1957 after helping to settle the new 17 mile...
  16. B

All Time Favorite Photo

I am not sure about "all time favorite", but this shot of an August 1963 meet on the MILW at Donald MT ranks right up there. two Little Joe powered freights meet at Donald, east end of the Pipestone pass summit tunnel. E71 & E75 eastbound, E78 & E74 westbound. Check out my railroadforums...
  17. B

Wrecker in the wreck!

I tweeked the picture a bit in the hope of making the details more visible. I also reversed it - see original post. Someone with PhotoShop could probably do better. The Buick looks to be a 1949 or 1950 model. One piece windshields were a big deal back then! The car has a yellow license...
  18. B

Job Questions

I don't know anything about DGNO or Rail America so cannot give you any specific answers regarding their operation. I do work for a shortline in Washington State, so I can give you some ideas based on my experience. I had 9 years of Class 1 RR experience many years (1960-1969) ago...
  19. NS 1039

NS 1039

Virginian, NS 1039 made it into the Pacific Northwest on a Laurel MT - Pasco (LAUPAS) train on 9/8/2012. It was the 3rd unit in the consist, trailing BNSF 7477 and NS 6793. This power was turned in Pasco and the same consist came east on 9/9/2012 on a PASLAU train. Again, NS 1039 was the 3rd...
  20. B

NS Heritage unit - NS 1069 - Virginian.

The "Virginian" - eastbound Thanks to Richard O for the tip that NS 1069 left Pasco on a PASLAU at 1330 this afternoon. Came by my home at the east end of Otis Orchards at 1830. I hustled out the door and managed to catch them going into Hauser yard. They didn't fuel and presumably are...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com