Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. setxrailfan

Santa Fe F Units

It has been a while since I last posted photos on here. But, this is my latest catch taken yesterday at Beaumont, TX. The F units are originally SP/T&NO heritage but have been repainted for the Galveston, TX RR Museum to reflect that the museum is housed in the former GC&SF Southern Divison HQ...
  2. setxrailfan

Watco Calendar Contest

Get your camera's ready - Watco's 2013 Calendar Contest is underway. First place (cover): $500 Second place: $250. Ten additional prizes to include photo for each month - $100 each Submissions must be received no later than September 30, 2012. For digital photography, 4-color high quality...
  3. setxrailfan

1990's Rewind

As promised, more scans from prints taken on the ATSF in Texas from the 1990's. To view the location and/or date click the photo. Silsbee, TX-San Augustine, TX Local by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr New Warbonnet Leads by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr The last operating semaphore blades in...
  4. setxrailfan

Easter Weekend Photos

Photos from Beaumont and Silsbee, TX. TFM Power KCS Chaisson Yd by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr KCS No Trespassing Sign by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr GrainTrain Power DPU by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr BNSF Beaumont Road Power by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr BNSF 2657 by Mark St...
  5. setxrailfan

ATSF 3751 to Williams, AZ

http://traintrips.biz/grand-canyon-limited.html PRESS RELEASE RENO, NEVADA SUNDAY MARCH 11, 2012 We are pleased to announce that the Grand Canyon Limited steam excursion running from Los Angeles to Williams, Arizona and then on up to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and return to Los...
  6. setxrailfan

The 1990's Were Good....

I first got serious about taking locomotive photos in the 1990's. Here is a sampling of what I saw. All were taken in Beaumont and Houston, TX. C & I M 72 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr CNW 4551 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr CNW 6629 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr CNW...
  7. setxrailfan

Friday Railfanning in SE Texas

Some photos I took in the Beaumont and Silsbee, Texas areas on Friday. KCS through the KCS lift bridge at Beaumont, TX KCS Bridge Approach by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr KCS 4698-4001 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr UP Local KCS Neches River Bridge Tower-train by Mark St. Aubin, on...
  8. setxrailfan

"Skittles"

Lot's of color here... Mixture of GP40-2 and GP39-2 power. All former CN and BN (BNSF). Timber Rock Railroad (Watco); Silsbee, Texas 2-26-12 TIBR Power by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr
  9. setxrailfan

1991 Northern Louisiana Tour

Photos from 1991 KCS Shreveport, LA locomotive shop tour KCS Shreveport, LA Roundhouse by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr KCS Shreveport, LA Roundhouse by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr KCS Shreveport, LA Roundhouse by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr KCS Shreveport, LA Roundhouse by Mark St...
  10. setxrailfan

Beaumont, TX Railfanning Jan 2, 2012

Just a few of what I saw yesterday: BNSF 606 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr BNSF 2873 - 2887 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr BNSF 1627 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr BNSF 3166 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/47162644@N07/6624123225/in/photostream/ BNSF...
  11. setxrailfan

Last Image 12-31-2011

The last photo of 2011 from my camera. I even waited until dark to take this one. Timber Rock Railroad (TIBR) locomotive shop Silsbee, TX TIBR Locomotive Shop; Former BN/BNSF 2973 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr
  12. setxrailfan

Maintenace of Way Train

Last weekend at Silsbee, TX BNSF 6075 MOW Train by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr BNSF 6075 MOW Train by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr BNSF 6075 MOW Train by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr
  13. setxrailfan

My Best Catch Today

UP train Q-HOLI (quality;Houston, TX-Livonia, LA); at Beaumont, TX 6 units total. NS, UP and CSXT power. UP Train Q-HOLI by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr
  14. setxrailfan

EX-NdeM E60C

Today I saw an ex-NdeM E60C on the TIBR at Silsbee, TX en-route to an unknown destination that came out of the TXU Martin Lake, TX power generating station. It was moving as TOBX 33011. There were number boards inside the unit numbered 3311. Photos here...
  15. setxrailfan

Time Machine 1994

A couple of photos I took back in 1994 of Santa Fe trains through my hometown of Kirbyville, TX with out of the ordinary power. IC SD40-2 leading empty Martin Lake, TX-Clifstone, TX rock train: IC 6108 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr A mixture of ATSF and Georgetown Railroad (GRR) power...
  16. setxrailfan

ATSF 5000 Return to Steam

http://www.railroadartifactpreservation.org/Steam-Restoration.html An open letter from Larry E. Brasher Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway pioneer 2-10-4, Locomotive 5000, The Madame Queen, is on the road to operating under full power again! The most historically significant preserved...
  17. setxrailfan

Branchline Railfaning

Yesterday was a great day to be out and about here in southeast Texas. Here are a few photos of what I saw. Watco's Timber Rock Railroad "DeRidder Turn" at Kirbyville, TX tied down on the DeRidder Sub (ex-ATSF Oakdale Sub/ex-Jasper and Eastern Railroad) Note the AT&SF station signs that still...
  18. setxrailfan

Resourceful Railroad

The Fort Worth and Western Railroad (FWWR) located in Texas knows how to use things intended for it's origianl purpose yet used for a diffrent purpose. RRXing siganl bridge over ditch Dublin, TX by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr Milepost # used on roadway sign 5 Tracks RRXing by Mark St...
  19. setxrailfan

Aaprco Kansas City Chief Special

I have been forgetting to post this schedule due to the fact I have been on vacation for the last several days. This train departed New Orleans, LA and went to Galveston, TX this past Sunday. Yesterday it departed Galveston and went to Fort Worth, TX...
  20. setxrailfan

Pure Santa Fe

A few from my collection. All taken on a regular film camera in the early to mid 1990's. ATSF 3446 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr ATSF 5434 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr ATSF 3057 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr ATSF 3060 by Mark St. Aubin, on Flickr ATSF 2816 by Mark St. Aubin...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com