Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Mascorailbuff

Summer Solstice in Eastern WA 2011

Got a couple of feature presentations up on the internets if you have the time: The Eastern Washington Gateway (I may have shared this previously): 7d-WySZj27A and a one hour video on the Lakeside Sub. Keystone, Tokio, Essig, Lind, Providence, Beatrice, etc which I've just put up...
  2. Mascorailbuff

Simpson RR - Day in the Life

I have a couple new videos documenting operations on the Simpson Railroad both are "from the cab" perspectives. "First Things First" shows the beginning of the workday where the guys start up the engine and begin the day with some switching before heading out to Mill 5: FVovCslbvFw...
  3. Mascorailbuff

A day long chase of the EWG

It's an all day affair chasing the Eastern Washington Gateway from one end of the line to the other, over 100 miles of mostly 10 mph track and beautiful country. I spent the day with Steve Eshom, Robert Scott, Dan Bolyard and Richard Zoller. The show is about 37 minutes, all good!:D 7d-WySZj27A
  4. Mascorailbuff

Funny guy

While at Beatrice, WA I had the pleasure of catching a colorful power set-up (BNSF, NS and CSX) and a conductor with a sense of humor! Anyone know who this is? 6/23/2011 6:45:45 PM westbound. Hope you can make him out.
  5. Mascorailbuff

GorgeRail Weekend Railfan movie

A little somethin' I put together. Rosco makes a cameo appearance. This is about 22 minutes long with no lulls! X3O_ob2jozU
  6. Mascorailbuff

A rainy Friday at Simpson

The guys had a rough morning which started with the newly rebuilt 1201 developing a debilitating electrical short right out of the barn at the diamond. It took a while to get it moved out of the way and back to the roundhouse. The 900's out of service, waiting on a governor so they took the...
  7. Mascorailbuff

Tracks in the Snow Video 2011

ihCY2QzZCts I guess with the advent of Facebook there hasn't been a thread on this year's event posted here as yet. This year's TITS was anticipated to be held during a "monster" snowstorm, causing much excitement. But as the time grew closer it turned out to be a warm-up and rain deluge for...
  8. Mascorailbuff

Silverwood Porter

Anyone have a photo of the theme park's steam engine?
  9. Mascorailbuff

Mountain Railroading - The Scenic Sub, Part 3

A couple of my recent shoots: Railfans in the Cascades A portrait of three friends foaming an evening stack train climbing toward the summit and Cascade tunnel. The location is about MP 1722.5 at a remote spot on the west side of Stevens Pass the evening of July 28th, 2010. The three of us...
  10. Mascorailbuff

Cascade Meadows Weekend Movie

John Binetti (Squawkbox), Me and Paul (?) planned on another Gaynor weekend but once we arrived there on Friday found a hardcore group of beer swilling gun-nuts. Needles to say we weren't made to feel welcome so we scooted down to White Pines Road and camped at a pleasant spot by the creek...
  11. Mascorailbuff

Tac - Chehalis behind MRSR 5 in 1987

I scanned some aging slides from 23 years ago of an excursion put on by the Mt Rainier folks. The porter was the featured player and did a great job pulling an open air and regular coach up Tacoma Hill. The route followed the CW line to Chehalis and returned the next day. Anyway here's the views
  12. Mascorailbuff

A moment in time from Gaynor

Dinner-time at Gaynor and 36 Axles: click here
  13. Mascorailbuff

Memorial Day WE at Gaynor

I thought I'd share some views of this weekend's experience at Gaynor. Nine foamers showed up to stay a night or two or three including The Binetti Brothers, Will and Jen H, Paul, Josh, Ross and his son Jameson and me. The temperature didn't really get out of the 40s until Sunday and Friday...
  14. Mascorailbuff

A Visit to Providence Hill April 17th

From my foamer mission to Eastern Washington, the 19 minute video is here(click). No waiting between trains! :cool: Or I have a two part YouTube version on my channel, TV 4 Foamers channel link is in my signature below. If the vimeo player takes a long time to load then click "HD is off" button.
  15. Mascorailbuff

Chasing them up the Hill (Sky to Scenic)

Please enjoy! If you have trouble with the player set on HD you can reset it to "HD is off" and it will stream faster :) Threading the Needle Trying to get over the mountain on a busy day, an eastbound vehicle train is lined into two sidings on the way up to wait for two downhill west...
  16. Mascorailbuff

The Cascadia Inn

Just in case you might have been thinking of staying at the Cascadia sometime in the next couple months, I stayed there Saturday night and was told it was the last weekend for awhile. They have to close down temporarily :( because of the ongoing contamination clean-up the whole town of...
  17. Mascorailbuff

Cans on the front deck?

Any of the UP guys know what would be the purpose of these cans attached to the stanchions?
  18. Mascorailbuff

Log loading operation

Cab view from the log loading pier at Shelton, WA on the Simpson RR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtU4Or7Q9Ig
  19. Mascorailbuff

MP 38 News

Here's a few from a visit to MP 38, south of Olympia today. Like up in Edmonds eagles are "in the house"
  20. Mascorailbuff

Some from Shelton today

I went out looking for the afternoon Simpson train, picked a pretty spot next to the creek at the milepost two bridge over Goldsborough Creek, and waited a few minutes. The radio crackled on 161.34, not the road channel but the MOW channel. A couple of the guys were heading up to MP 3.75 to...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com