Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. UP Wings

Panoramas Anyone?

Went out shooting with Mr. Linda, SSW, yesterday for the first time since May. We didn't see much action, just two movements on the old MKT line, UP's Waco Sub, but ran some model trains to make up for it. When shooting I tried something different. Not only did I take my usual shot but I...
  2. UP Wings

Houston / College Station Model Railroads Open to Public

Part of my on campus job at A&M is combing the web for news about the university, this leads me to all sorts of other interesting tidbits. Apparently, this weekend is the 6th annual model railroad open house in the Houston (and therefore Bryan / College Station?) area. I have not been able to...
  3. UP Wings

May Trip to the Colorado Narrow Gauge

I finally got through my photos from my trip to the Cumbres & Toltec and Durango & Silvton in late May of this year. The occasion was a spring charter on the C&TS were engine 489 received a green boiler. She was painted green 60 years to the month earlier for a Rocky Mountain Railroad Club...
  4. UP Wings

Questions and Observations from San Antonio

So I have yet to do any actual railfanning in San Antonio but I do keep my eyes open as I go around town. There are tracks all over the place. At the intersection of 281/I37 and I35 there are, I think, a good few C40-8W stored at the old SP shops there. (Confirm they are the old SP shops?)...
  5. UP Wings

Out and About Taylor

Back home from College Station for a week before I move to San Antonio for an internship so I took my camera while I ran a few errands in town. I got a new battery for my trip to the Colorado narrow gauge next week so I am trying to break it in. :D PS: If anyone knows any good railfanning...
  6. UP Wings

844's Tour through Central (ish) Texas

I took a break from studying to catch the 844 over the past few days. Sorry for so many shots but I couldn't decide between some of them :D I was working in the computer lab at about 11am Saturday, under the impression the 844 was due into Hearne at 3, plenty of time. I check the website and...
  7. UP Wings

Dusting Off the Cob Webs

I always say a bad day trackside is better than the best days in class so after one hell of a half-semester in the class room, my first day home I headed for the tracks! Just stayed locally in Taylor and had a lack luster day. Four trains in four hours. Not nearly what the Austin Sub is capable...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com