Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Bill Anderson

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

The cars only appear short due to compression caused by the lens.My son was taking the photos with the 1Dx + 100-400L II telephoto zoom using the "long" (400mm) end. The photos would have been better if he had been using the "short (100mm) end. The best camera + lens combo would have been the...
  2. Bill Anderson

Eddie Bauer/Executive/Grinstein Green (pick one) SD70MAC 9815 was in the consist of a northbound (tt/east) freight. Everett bound Sounder Mariners' special. Attendance at the games has been very low as the Mariners are playing like a Triple A minor league team. An Itsed65 super...
  3. Bill Anderson

Sunday (8-11-19) at the marsh. BNSF War Bonnet 759 was in the consist of a Canada bound coal train. Rear DPU.
  4. Bill Anderson

Large articulated locomotive used in the Iron Range

A short video of DM&IR Yellowstones.
  5. Bill Anderson

Large articulated locomotive used in the Iron Range

Duluth Missabi & Iron Range Yellowstone 2-8-8-4. The name"Yellowstone" came from the Yellowstone River which was followed by the Northern Pacific RR in Montana. The NP was the first railroad to use this class of steam locomotives. Three DM&IR Yellowstones are on display in Minnesota. Check...
  6. Bill Anderson

I had to look up Trinchera Pass. At 7110 feet elevation, it is located in New Mexico east of Raton Pass. According to notes found on Train Orders.com., it is still an active line. https://mapcarta.com/23336012
  7. Bill Anderson

A northbound (tt/east) freight passed through a few minutes after the passenger special. Notable was 709, a BNSF War Bonnet unit, It is the first one I have seen in a long time. According to the The Diesel Shop, 612 is a former Santa Fe AC44CM that has been rebuilt to AC traction with...
  8. Bill Anderson

Continued. My son thought the full size rear view window of Glacier View was really neat.
  9. Bill Anderson

A southbound (tt/west) fifteen car passenger special passed through town Wednesday evening (8-17-19) while my son and I were photographing birds at the marsh. My son took these photos with the 1Dx + 100-400L II telephoto zoom. I wish I had put a wide angle zoom on the camera, as shots of the...
  10. Bill Anderson

UP 4014 on Sunday

I deleted your identical thread in the Midwest forum.
  11. Bill Anderson

UP BigBoy 4014 Midwest Tour

Is the diesel powered up and contributing to the total tractive effort or just along for the ride absent an emergency?
  12. Bill Anderson

19th century track laying

Along those lines, look for old photos of these roads, which were built around the time period you are interested in: 1) Construction of the Milwaukee Road's Pacific Extension, started in April 1906. Milwaukee Road West (Charles & Dorothy Wood, Superior Publishing) has some photos of the...
  13. Bill Anderson

I like to assemble jigsaw puzzles. The Microsoft Puzzles feature which came with my computer allows me to make jigsaw puzzles from my photos. I have made and assembled several from photos I have taken of trains from Sunset Ave. and the marsh.
  14. Bill Anderson

I have mentioned the dwindling number of Cascade green diesels in my area. Thursday (8-2-19) I saw two on the southbound (tt/west) Goldbar Turn as it rolled past the marsh. 3009 = GP40M 330 = GP60B 3026 = GP40E The train consisted of tank cars followed by five Boeing bunker cars.
  15. Bill Anderson

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Big flooding in Kansas. Is that going to reroute some trains up your way?
  16. Bill Anderson

Tales of the Meridian Speedway

Haven't heard from you in a while. Did one of those 'gators get you?
  17. Bill Anderson

Are the tracks in the background with the coal train in photo #3 also the UP or another railroad?
  18. Bill Anderson

It still seems weird seeing CN units in the heartland of America.
  19. Bill Anderson

If anybody wants this 1975 union agreement between the Brotherhood and the Union Pacific RR, they can have it for free.

Many of us Baby Boomers are having similar problems on what to do with our parents' and our own family "heirlooms" as we downsize and move to smaller living quarters or senior housing.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com