Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. T

How would you like this to be your driveway?

I'd take that house in a heartbeat!
  2. T

Roseville sub

I was told by someone that on the UP Roseville sub that there's one BNSF each day. Does anyone know a schedule, or maybe how to predict when a BNSF may be running? I have lots of UP pics but virtually no BNSF pics on the Roseville sub. Thanks guys, Bob
  3. T

Pictures From Mechanical Loco

I see you left Penryn/Newcastle for Camp Far West. Maybe you can catch a fish once in a while! Depending on the time of day for your commute, I think it should work out well. All the best in your new life. I had to start my life over again back in 07 but that was the best thing I could have...
  4. T

just touching base...

Shekky, I live on I-80 just west of Auburn. My wife and I spend a lot of time photographing on Donnor. There's so much there that you cannot see everything. Just a few months ago we got several nice pics near Verdi. Good spots there right off the freeway near the border. See you there...
  5. T

Visiting Tehachapi and Cajon areas the 1st week in April 2012

The tehachapi loop is a fun place with lots of action. The terrain should be nice and green in April. It's easy to find. There's signs on the east bound side of hwy-58 (not sure of the west bound side) so you can't miss it. From the loop you can see hwy-58. This will keep you busy. You...
  6. T

New Scanner

I have an old radio shack handheld scanner. Not sure how old it is but I'm sure it's more than ten years old. Works great for railroad. Bob
  7. T

Puget Sound Railroad Radio.net shuts down

Hello Pete, If I'm ever up that way I'll give you a call on your repeater system. I guess you have several linked? Bob N WE6C
  8. T

The Foothills

Nice shot in Auburn! Where did you take the shot from? Almost looks like you were in an airplane. Bob
  9. T

UP 1988 + others in So Cal 8/20

Nice shots Chris. #5 is my favorite. Hope someday I can get down that way from No CA. Bob
  10. T

Oregon

Also, Beverlyhelper mentioned Grass Lake along hwy-97 near Lake Shastina a few months ago. We hope to try that if a regular car can get along those dirt roads that was mentioned. Bob
  11. T

Oregon

Thank you! If time and money allow, we'll try to see the Daylight!
  12. T

Oregon

Guys, My wife and I are looking for opinions on photo opportunities (trains of course) between Crater Lake and Portland, and also between Crater Lake and Bend. Crater Lake to Bend is the most likely route but we are still hopeful that we can work out Portland. As we all know, it's all about...
  13. T

Living large at Grass Lake

Yes I have the Altamont time table however I'm at work so I was trying to find info on line but never did. Gotta deal with customers! Also on my way there I would also like to get some shots of salt creek bridge going over Shasta. Last time we were there was a Sunday and no traffic for the 3...
  14. T

Thanks for the info. I'm at work so I don't have my timetable available. I tried to "google" detectors all kinds of different ways but couldn't find anything. It sounds like we can easily spend an entire day exploring "new to us" areas. It will also get us out of the CA central valley heat! Bob
  15. T

Very nice shot! My wife and I hope to get up that direction this summer for some train photography. We are from the Sacramento, CA area so not too far. It's been a few years since we traveled hwy-97 but according to the map it's right off the highway. Is there a detector near by? Bob
  16. T

Unit Potash In The Gorge

Cliffs, Picture #10 is my favorite! Very nice! Someday I hope to get up there for some photo ops. Not too far from me, I'm near Sacramento, CA. Bob
  17. T

Chris, I figured you'd guess it with those couple clues. I hesitate to list last names without permission. We have lots of great photo opportunities here from the first tunnels on Sierra College Blvd. all the way to the CA/NV border. My wife and I have done several picnics up at Secret Town...
  18. T

Chris, My friend is Bill "B", a locomotive inspector. He drives a Dodge Ram truck. Does that help? I'm in Loomis. I hear the horns at King, Webb, and sometimes Sierra College. If things are real quiet I can hear what I believe is the horns near the Penryn post office and I can sometimes...
  19. T

Chris, Very nice pics! A friend of mine that works with you, Bill, gave me a tour of your shop last summer on a Sunday afternoon. Quite impressive! You and I are almost neighbors, I live off of Taylor Rd. Hope to meet you someday. Bob
  20. T

A Mixed Up Weekend

Northern electric, Nice pics! The pic in Auburn looks like the bridge over I-80 but it's hard to tell on my lousy monitor here at work. Is that the location? Bob N

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com