Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. TrainPohll

Recent Trips

9. Eastbound manifest departs Cooks with a warbonnet C44 in the lead. 10. Westbound loaded grainer at North Dalles 11. An eastbound stack train at North Bonneville Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy!
  2. TrainPohll

Recent Trips

5. Westbound Z west of Cooks. 6. An empty Roberts Bank rolls eastward east of Bingen. Mt. Hood is in the background in Oregon. 7. Another sweet lash up-Two warbonnet C44's and a ex-BN SD60M leading an eastbound manifest west of Lyle. 8. UP's MHKRV rolls westward at Celilo Park east of...
  3. TrainPohll

Recent Trips

My next trip took me to the Columbia Rive gorge. I always try to make atleast one trip here during the summer. BNSF was awfully busy this past weekend. On Saturday BNSF poured 16 trains in just a few hours on the Fallbridge Sub. UP was just as busy but I never managed to leave the parade that...
  4. TrainPohll

Recent Trips

9. The M-EVESPO has clear block through Scenic and is entering the west portal of the Cascade Tunnel. 10. Amtrak#7 speeds westward crossing the Index River in downtown Index.
  5. TrainPohll

Recent Trips

5. A westbound stack train crosses Sunset Falls east of Index 6. Amtrak#7 departs Skykomish along the Skykomish River 7. S-TCBLCP glides down Nason Creek in the early morning hours. 8. A loud loaded westbound grainer finshes up its climb up Stevens Pass as it is about to enter the...
  6. TrainPohll

Recent Trips

I havent posted here lately, as I have been busy with school and sports. In the last couple of weeks I was able to make some time and get back to the rails. My first trip was a four day adventure to Stevens Pass. Traffic was slow throughout each day. Track work at Scenic shut down the line for...
  7. TrainPohll

UP hiding the 1988?

Any word on the 1988 today? Im headed for the gorge today and tomorrow.
  8. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'Oops in the Dunsmuir yard'

Sam, is this on the Inside Gateway? Looks like to be Westwood.
  9. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'Lots of power here.'

Ah UP's classic MFIHK or as I call it the "Southbound Junk". Most of that traffic is stuff Tacoma does not want and will be switched out in Albina. Good shot BTW!
  10. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'Blowin Smoke'

Is this on the mountain division between Olympia and Centralia? Or is that line still needing repair?
  11. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'ACWR'

Wow what do they call this beast? Looks like a mix of an SD40 and SD70ACe!
  12. Spring Z

Spring Z

Spring is here in eastern Washington. Apple trees are just beggining to blossom, it's 57 degrees and the sun is shining. Summer is just around the corner! Taken April 3, 2008.
  13. Going West

Going West

Amtrak#7 rolls across Index creek as kayakers prepare to head west towards the Skykomish River.
  14. Running Along the River

Running Along the River

Two DPU's of a loaded grain train round the curve and depart North Dalles.
  15. Waterfront DPU

Waterfront DPU

Shot from across the Columbia River, a Tacoma bound grainer heads west at Wishram.
  16. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'Passing'

GE's on a garbage train? What has this world come to!? Hopefully not a sign to come.
  17. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'BNSF #795 East at Trinidad, Washington'

Nice shot Zach! It's been bugging me that I haven't got back to the Stevens Pass area this winter! Keep up with the great shots!
  18. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'Flying Pumpkins'

Looks like either Wabash or Tenino.
  19. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'America's Train'

Has snow and bad weather caused the Empire Builder to be so late? Both on Stevens Pass and the Fallbridge Sub. The Builder on the Scenic Sub seems to be hours late every morning.
  20. TrainPohll

Comment by 'TrainPohll' in media 'Snow Bonnet'

Great shot Martin. The snow has been really falling up there, have you been able to get up there latley?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com