Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Zoohogger

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Hi Bill, The Omaha World Herald reports today, March 30, that record numbers of cranes are roosting along the Platte this year. This is the 7th week of the migration and so far it is a record breaking 659,870 birds. The number doubled since last week.
  2. Zoohogger

Missouri Valley, Iowa.

I like your #20 Meet picture. BNSF looks out of place there. Thanks Allan.
  3. Zoohogger

That's bad news, but I imagine more will be going through Council Bluffs. I know that Pacific Junction was being evacuated, but are the tracks high enough to keep traffic moving?
  4. Zoohogger

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

The blue water and sand seem so nice. The first shot of 4056 starting around the curve is my favorite. Your water looks so soft. I don't think it would support an ice fishing hut at all.
  5. Zoohogger

Oak creek power plant is south of Milwaukee Wisconsin. I don’t know how to read slowly.
  6. Zoohogger

Greunther road is the name of the street. If the Oak Creek Plant is the pallet manufacturer then that is Fairview Road.
  7. Zoohogger

Where in Gretna was that train stopped?
  8. Zoohogger

No Railroad, just stations. CB&Q brick passenger depot at Clarinda, Iowa. CB&Q Wooden Freight house. The Q ran a line south from the main at Villisca, Iowa to Clarinda. It then divided with one line going southwest to Tarkio and Corning Missouri. The other went south through Burlington...
  9. Zoohogger

On the way home we paced 5081 and then stopped at Ashland to watch it and the mid train engines and the DPU pass. Headlight was dimmed as it went by and a westbound empty hopper showed up right away.
  10. Zoohogger

We saw 7 trains, 5 manifest and 2 empty hopper on the way down hwy 6. At the BNSF near 14th St in Lincoln, an eastbound coal and 2 trains on the siding waiting to get in the yards. And then near the Amtrak station there was a train with 4 engines. Peeking from between 2 is the 1920 in BN green...
  11. Zoohogger

The weather man predicted ice and snow and high winds at noon. So what should we do this morning? Let’s drive 50 miles to our favorite train store in Lincoln(Randy’s Roundhouse, who is not responsible for any comments made here). I’ll bet we can be back to Omaha before the world ends. Got there...
  12. Zoohogger

First of 2019. 1/2/2019. Eastbound BNSF train at Ashland Nebraska today. Palindrome numbers on both units. 8558 and 5995.
  13. Zoohogger

Last of 2018. 12/31/18 Plow and 2 Rock hoppers in the ex-RI yards at Council bluffs
  14. Zoohogger

Merry Christmas. Here is the Rock Island station at Council Bluffs earlier this year when we had snow.
  15. Zoohogger

Very nice, Ed. Orep is still a good place to photo.
  16. Zoohogger

Many forgot over the summer. It was amazing the number of accidents and generally stupid driving. What else could I do but photo trains?
  17. Zoohogger

Looks like fall is over in the Omaha area. After driving my wife to work, hour and 5 minutes for 14 miles, I ventured to Council Bluffs. While Omaha was at a standstill on the interstate highways, CB was moving along and the trains were running. UP at 2nd avenue with the red signal where the...
  18. Zoohogger

I really like the first photo in #242. Having the boats up high and the train down low makes you wonder "why are the boats up there?" Good job! Also the Sounder appears to be plowing through the bushes. Thank you, son of Bill. Rick Zorko
  19. Zoohogger

Here are a few from a different angle, at bridge level. Eastbounds this time of year will get no favorable sun. And one from Dunlap.
  20. Zoohogger

I haven't seen a B unit in forever. Cool. Yeah Tom is usually in fog anyway.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com