Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. brad_in_omaha

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

For some reason the BNSF paint schemes don't look good on the SD40-2. Both the BN Green or the SF Yellow and Blue look way better and I have never figured out why.
  2. brad_in_omaha

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

You got a Bald Eagle posing for you! I see the white stuff disappeared.
  3. brad_in_omaha

Where is the Omaha Posse?

I have seen train with the other parts, but I can't remember if I have ever caught on with the blades.
  4. brad_in_omaha

Have you heard anything about UP sending the rotary plows up over Donner this winter?
  5. brad_in_omaha

Have you heard anything about the UP sending the rotary plows up over Donner? They have been getting a bunch of snow in the Sierra.
  6. brad_in_omaha

Wow, those are cool. Never knew the challengers had smoke lifters on them?
  7. brad_in_omaha

Light Power move and Coal.

Do you get the wind like Chicago? Windchill here in Omaha is -16 right now!
  8. brad_in_omaha

So how long does that snow stick around?
  9. brad_in_omaha

Nice work as always. Great seeing some photos with green trees in them!
  10. brad_in_omaha

Light Power move and Coal.

No kidding, I can't remember the last time we saw the sun here.
  11. brad_in_omaha

Great photos Tom. Not sure I have ever seen a photo of the 36th Street underpass.
  12. brad_in_omaha

Hydro test on the BigBoy's boiler

UP BigBoy 4014 passed the Hydro Test on its Boiler today! [youtube] [youtube]
  13. brad_in_omaha

All my 4141 in Omaha photos

Your welcome. I just realized #5 was the same as #4 and I never posted the actual #5. Its fixed now.
  14. brad_in_omaha

All my 4141 in Omaha photos

Here are all my 4141 Photos: 1. 12/8 - rolling by the Southroads Mall in Bellevue. 2. 12/8 - rolling by downtown Omaha 3. Same shot, different crop 4. 12/11 on display by TD Ameritrade Park 5. 12/11 on display by TD Ameritrade Park 6. 12/12 leaving Omaha 7. 12/12 leaving Omaha...
  15. brad_in_omaha

What do you shoot with? 2018 Edition!

I'm glad to hear you like the III better. My 2x isn't sharp, but from the people I have talked to said its because I have the old 400mm F2.8 and it works way better with the new one. Unfortunately the new 400 2.8 is $12,000.00 Earlier I mentioned I borrowed the Sigma 100-600mm from a friend...
  16. brad_in_omaha

Some Old Slides Rerun

Thanks for sharing! Love seeing all the old slides!
  17. brad_in_omaha

Great seeing everyone's photos. Keep up the good work!
  18. brad_in_omaha

Awesome, I have never seen that view from Ironhorse. Way better than the view from the Subway parking lot...
  19. brad_in_omaha

What do you shoot with? 2018 Edition!

I haven't changed to much, but here is the current lineup. Canon 5D3 (I have a 5D1 as backup, and I have rented a 5D4 a few times recently) Canon 400 F2.8L Canon 70-200 F2.8L Canon 24-70 F2.8L Canon 16-35 F2.8L Canon 50mm 1.8 Canon 2x teleconverter Canon 1.4x teleconverter I recently borrowed...
  20. brad_in_omaha

A Few From Illinois And Indiana

Nice photos Ed! Sounds like a good trip!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com