Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. T

Katy in Western Colorado

After missing UP 1988 a week ago when passed through Grand Junction, CO on the MRONY, I was sure I missed my one and only chance to photograph it on this part of the former DRGW. Little did I know it would be sent back to Grand Junction to spend a day on UP's North Fork Sub hauling coal...
  2. T

First trains at De Beque, CO after fire

UP opened the Glenwood Springs sub this afternoon. The rail line was closed for approximately 36 hours due to the Pine Ridge Fire (southwest of De Beque, CO) burning in or near the ROW; http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2951/ From what I was told, there was no significant damage to any of the...
  3. T

Sunday on the Cane Creek Sub

I was given a tip late on Saturday that there was a unit potash train coming off UP's Cane Creek Sub near Moab, UT on Sunday. I headed out late Sunday morning and caught the Potash Local as it was preparing to enter the branch. It had dropped off four units for Monday's dirt train and switched...
  4. T

Amtrak 5 in Grand Junction, CO at sunset today

Amtrak5 19, the California Zephyr is westbound with two heritage Amtrak units, 156 & 66. Since the train was four hours late into Grand Junction, I had little light to work with. I decided to stay close to the depot in hopes of getting some shots. #1 - The train is on the main passing the...
  5. T

Amtrak 156 thru Grand Junction, CO today

Received a "just in time" tip that Amtrak 156 was leading eastbound #6, California Zephyr today. I was able to shot it near Loma, CO and then again while sitting at the Grand Junction depot. #1 - Cruising along west of Loma, CO. #2 - An artsy reflection shot. Too bad for the window screen...
  6. T

A few from the Rawlins, WY area

In early November, I had the chance to spend several days in Rawlins. The weather varied from calm, clear and 55 degrees to snow and wind by the end of the stay. I found the downtown area to be a great area. For restaurants, I recommend Coco's, the Aspen House, and Anong's Thai Cuisine. As...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com