Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. east_bay_alex

Niles Canyon Railway's Holiday Train of Lights

Oh yeah! 5472 has a great 567 non-turbo growl! I love the gyralight sweeping around too. We were commenting on that all night. Thanks for watching!
  2. east_bay_alex

Niles Canyon Railway's Holiday Train of Lights

**Skip to 10:07 for NCRY Holiday train** Thanks for watching! Feedback is welcome as always. ;)
  3. east_bay_alex

Fremont, Alviso, Niles Jct & Niles Canyon Railway's Train of Lights 2018

Here is a relatively long and detailed video of East Bay and South Bay railroad action along former Southern Pacific lines through Fremont on the Centerville line, Coast Sub, Niles Sub, Warm Springs, and Niles Canyon Railway's Holiday Train of Lights. Thanks for watching! Feedback is welcome...
  4. Granite Rock Co. No. 10

Granite Rock Co. No. 10

Granite Rock Company No. 10 is an 0-6-0 steam locomotive built in 1942 by H.K. Porter for the Granite Rock Company. The engine was used for Granite Rock Company as a switcher. It resides at the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, CA.
  5. east_bay_alex

Trackside access at Tehachapi Loop???

A year ago I was on the pass in the spring and other local railfans said the access to the loop was still restricted per the rancher who lives in the loop. He built a pretty significant fence and gate on the access road with "NO TRESPASSING" signs if I remember correctly. Bummer for sure...
  6. east_bay_alex

What is This? (BNSF Dash 9 Spark Arrestor?)

Makes sense since the Dash 9 locomotives seem to be coming in and out of storage with traffic level swings... Thanks for the info!
  7. east_bay_alex

UP Mulford Line Freight Trains (TWC Territory)

Quick evening outing on the UP Coast Sub (Mulford Line) in San Lorenzo, CA. Caught two freights within 15 minutes of each other northbound (timetable west) on the Coast Sub.
  8. east_bay_alex

2018 July East Bay Area Tour

A quick look at the Bay Area in July 2018. All shot in one day.
  9. east_bay_alex

What do you shoot with? 2018 Edition!

Haha time to start saving again!
  10. east_bay_alex

What do you shoot with? 2018 Edition!

The 55-300mm must be nice for those long telephoto shots. I wanted it for a while, but figured I could get away with the 55-200mm!
  11. east_bay_alex

UNION PACIFIC Bay Area (CA) Freights in 2017 & 2018

Thanks for watching Bill! I'm always trying to improve my skills.
  12. east_bay_alex

My Capitol Corridor Compilation 2017-2018

I don't know much about when/how/why our "California Cars" were ordered, but I know that they follow the same dimensions as the Superliners with the exception of minor details like two double entrance doors and some of the stainless steel fluting on the sides. Thanks for watching Bill!
  13. The Golden Hour in Northern California

The Golden Hour in Northern California

An Amtrak California Capitol Corridor train brings commuters back from the greater Sacramento Area to the Bay Area in the early evening. Taken on December 11, 2017
  14. east_bay_alex

UNION PACIFIC Bay Area (CA) Freights in 2017 & 2018

Please comment, leave feedback, improvements, etc. I appreciate your input!
  15. Roseville to Warm Springs Manifest (MRVWS)

Roseville to Warm Springs Manifest (MRVWS)

Looking more like the photo was taken in Oregon or Washington states, the daily MRVWS on the UP Martinez Sub accelerates in Run-8 through Rodeo (pronounced ROW-DAY-OH), California on a gloomy overcast day. This photo was taken from an overpass which conveniently had a hole in the chainlink fence.
  16. east_bay_alex

Thank you Boris! There will probably be more in the near future but freight instead of Amtrak trains.
  17. east_bay_alex

Please comment, leave feedback, improvements, etc. I appreciate your input!
  18. east_bay_alex

Comment by 'east_bay_alex' in media 'Surprise Starlight'

Wow, this is a really nice photo. The different heights of the three locomotives is interesting to look at. Weird to see the old Amtrak California paint scheme without the arrows or Caltrans logo on the lead unit.
  19. The Afternoon Rush

The Afternoon Rush

An Amtrak California commute train moves swiftly through Benicia, CA at a spot known as Bahia on the Union Pacific Martinez Subdivision.
  20. east_bay_alex

Comment by 'east_bay_alex' in media 'Westbound Illuminating the Benicia Bridge'

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com