Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. CGW101c

are these elevators of some sort?

Grain elevator. Many in small towns on the plains of both U.S. and Canada. Train Time makes a nice wood model of this style. Looks like you are on a railroad right of way minus track. Location? Model needs to finished.
  2. CGW101c

Where is the Omaha Posse?

6" of snow yesterday, 6 more tomorrow. But the sun came out, so I thought I better go see what's going on. 2 at Oreapolis. And while not as impressive as Itsed's kite, still a nice hawk flew over. And numbers for Bill, same numbers different order.
  3. CGW101c

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Good to see the sun out again. I think the gadget above the fuel tank is a fuel level sensor. Probably sends fuel level info to George Orwell.
  4. CGW101c

From some info I have gathered, it appears that the 4-6-6-4's that were oil fired, mostly 3700's and a few 3900's, had smoke lifters. Although I'm sure there were exceptions.
  5. CGW101c

Looks exactly like what I just shoveled this morning. Not easy for us to get passenger trains in the snow either. More snow tomorrow too. Some where between none and 85" conservatively.
  6. CGW101c

I'm getting to like the matched sets of BNSF geeps. While is nice to see the hodgepodge of locos we have around Omaha sometimes it's just nice to sets. Our snow is supposed to start tomorrow and run about 3 days, but the forecasts have not been very accurate this year. If they say 1" we get 6"...
  7. CGW101c

Those a super Ed. I sure miss the Challenger. Cab rides on the big UP power are a once in a life time, unforgettable experience. Thanks for sharing.
  8. CGW101c

Hydro test on the BigBoy's boiler

Good news! That is the big test. Much hard work by those people. They hammered on many staybolts. That is the non-glamorous part of the job. Thanks UP Steam.
  9. CGW101c

Unless there is a steam locomotive going by, I am going to stay in and work on the model railroad. 3 degrees and snowing.
  10. CGW101c

Got an e-mail from a friend that Creston Sub was having many problems due to a loco running low on fuel. So I headed to Ashland. Saw about 10 trains. The 8553 had DPU problems and did some loco swaps. Saw it as light engine at Greenwood crossovers.
  11. CGW101c

Sand train westbound at Dahlman Ave. and 36th St, in Omaha. Fog went away still about 45 deg.
  12. CGW101c

I love fog. About a 50 degree difference in temps from the other day. Oreapolis never fails. BNSF geep, UP, CN and a lease unit on the first train and a Santa Fe warbonnet on the 2nd train.
  13. CGW101c

Video - Doubleheader: UP 844 and SP 4449 through Puyallup, WA

Pretty lucky. If that Cascades would have a touch later... I had that happen in Rawlins WY in 1981. Good view of the stack.
  14. CGW101c

The late Amtrak 6 with the BNSF 6107 pulling. Due in Omaha at at 11:17 am today. 2 different crops not sure which one I like better. 21 degrees warmer than yesterday. 6 now. Always sounds funny when you say that.
  15. CGW101c

Yes powdery. No snowpersons built today. We got it pretty easy. Not near as cold as Chicago or Minneapolis. The sun was out when I got back to Omaha but still below zero. It's 2 this morning and Amtrak is due in Omaha around 11. I might go out or might not.
  16. CGW101c

I wish I would have read that last thread before I went out. It was -15 on the car at 8am and -3 when I shot these pictures. First at Greenwood, NE, then south of Waverly where the snow was falling. Rail Grinder at Waverly. Last one is a train facing south (TT west), about to turn on the...
  17. CGW101c

Camera is ready. High of 1 deg F tomorrow. Low of -4. They keep saying it's cold but I remember sitting in the company parking lot, sipping a little Blackberry Brandy while the old VW warmed up in the -20 temps, more than one day that week.
  18. CGW101c

In the summer let's go measure the depot at Clarinda and make a model of it.
  19. CGW101c

It was stopped in the cut under HWY 6. Pic was taken from east side of the crossing on the street whose name escapes me right now. But if you continue west on 370 past HWY 6. that street. Jeff H: Where is the Oak Creek plant located?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com